Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Visa likely to be rejected. What are my options?

Visa likely to be rejected. What are my options?

Old Apr 3rd 2019, 3:09 am
Just Joined

GRITS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa likely to be rejected. What are my options?

Thanks everyone, this gives me hope. I got the Natural Justice letter last week, so am currently on Day 8 of the 30 days within which to appeal for a waiver. The letter set out how much it would cost for treatment (it was around 70k). The thing is, if I did the treatment now, it would be over by the time my appeal was decided.

If my visa is refused and I have to appeal, would I have to pay the Fee again, does anybody know?

Thanks.
Old Apr 4th 2019, 4:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GRITS
Thanks everyone, this gives me hope. I got the Natural Justice letter last week, so am currently on Day 8 of the 30 days within which to appeal for a waiver. The letter set out how much it would cost for treatment (it was around 70k). The thing is, if I did the treatment now, it would be over by the time my appeal was decided.

If my visa is refused and I have to appeal, would I have to pay the Fee again, does anybody know?

Thanks.
The visa fee? No, because if you win the appeal the case is just sent back to immigration for re-processing, it is not a new application.

I don't know if you have spoken to any agents yet, but please please, don't try and fight a Natural Justice letter without some professional assistance, could make all the difference
Old Apr 4th 2019, 4:33 am
Just Joined

GRITS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The visa fee? No, because if you win the appeal the case is just sent back to immigration for re-processing, it is not a new application.

I don't know if you have spoken to any agents yet, but please please, don't try and fight a Natural Justice letter without some professional assistance, could make all the difference
I have not spoken to any agents yet. Do you have any idea of what it would cost to get an agent involved? And can you recommend one (not sure if it's allowed on here)?

Thanks.

ETA: I have contacted TeeTMI on this thread.

Last edited by GRITS; Apr 4th 2019 at 4:53 am.
Old Apr 4th 2019, 8:41 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GRITS
I have not spoken to any agents yet. Do you have any idea of what it would cost to get an agent involved? And can you recommend one (not sure if it's allowed on here)?

Thanks.

ETA: I have contacted TeeTMI on this thread.
I would contact George Lombard in Sydney. He's very experienced.
Old Apr 4th 2019, 10:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I would contact George Lombard in Sydney. He's very experienced.
My own personal recommendation is also George Lombard, I've had many dealing with him over the years.