Which Visa to go for?????

Old Jul 31st 2009, 7:52 am
Just Joined

Neil B is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Which Visa to go for?????

Hi Guys, been lurking behind the scenes for some time and now taken the plunge and need advice.

Here's my situation.

I have been out of work in the UK for over 3 months. I have a BSc degree and have been engineering in the Automotive industry for 10 years. The industry here is on its knees but in Australia it is still growing. A number of my ex-colleagues and friends have already made the move to Ford Melbourne (sponsored by Ford).

Ford are now taking on a number of contractors and I am very interested. My CV is currently doing the rounds over there. The problem is they want somebody to start ASAP which worries me with the time to turn a Visa application round.

one possibility (could be wrong) is the Working holiday Visa as this entitles me to work for up to 6 months with each employer in a 12 month stay.

I understand these can be granted within a day or 2 which is great. It would, however, require me to 'fudge' the system a little which I don't like.

Does anyone know of any other relevant Visa's I could go for that could be turned around quickly (a few weeks?? ).

P.s. I am married and the wife would be coming along too. I am 27 and she is 26.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 31st 2009, 7:46 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Which Visa to go for?????

Instead of working holiday visa, why don't you ask your employer to sponsor you... I mean go for Employer sponsored Visa!! That is also quick..but not sure about time lines...

Originally Posted by Neil B
Hi Guys, been lurking behind the scenes for some time and now taken the plunge and need advice.

Here's my situation.

I have been out of work in the UK for over 3 months. I have a BSc degree and have been engineering in the Automotive industry for 10 years. The industry here is on its knees but in Australia it is still growing. A number of my ex-colleagues and friends have already made the move to Ford Melbourne (sponsored by Ford).

Ford are now taking on a number of contractors and I am very interested. My CV is currently doing the rounds over there. The problem is they want somebody to start ASAP which worries me with the time to turn a Visa application round.

one possibility (could be wrong) is the Working holiday Visa as this entitles me to work for up to 6 months with each employer in a 12 month stay.

I understand these can be granted within a day or 2 which is great. It would, however, require me to 'fudge' the system a little which I don't like.

Does anyone know of any other relevant Visa's I could go for that could be turned around quickly (a few weeks?? ).

P.s. I am married and the wife would be coming along too. I am 27 and she is 26.

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 1st 2009, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Neil B is an unknown quantity at this point

I think an employer sponsored Visa is 5 months+ to approval. These particular jobs need to be filled pretty much right away so they don't want to wait.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

In this case, the only possible option seems to be the WHV. Although I would make sure that the terms of the visa are acceptable to the company first.