Visa for father as a dependent

Old Jul 6th 2015, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

stigmatized is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa for father as a dependent

Dear Expats,

After submitting EOI, I have been invited to apply for visa in subclass 189 (Skilled Independent). I want to know if I can apply visa for my father as a dependent at the time of lodging of application. If so, what proofs would I need to have to support my application. He is 80 years of age and I am the only son. Also I would like to know what is the probability of getting his visa as a dependent.
Old Jul 6th 2015, 11:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa for father as a dependent

Originally Posted by stigmatized
Dear Expats,

After submitting EOI, I have been invited to apply for visa in subclass 189 (Skilled Independent). I want to know if I can apply visa for my father as a dependent at the time of lodging of application. If so, what proofs would I need to have to support my application. He is 80 years of age and I am the only son. Also I would like to know what is the probability of getting his visa as a dependent.
You need to show that he is completely dependent on you financially and cannot live alone. Presumably you support him now and he lives with you, so show proof of that. He is not likely to be able to migrate as a depedent if you are from a country like the UK with a welfare state, and if there are other family members that could support him that would also go against him.
He will also need to pass the medical.
Old Jul 6th 2015, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Pollyana for the reply.
What documents are required to show that he is dependent on me. I have death certificate of my mom and yes I am supporting him financially. What is included in the medical checkup? He is hypertensive & diabetic but all controlled and he has good health. Only factor is his age which is 80 now.
Old Jul 7th 2015, 12:02 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Pollyana for the reply.
What documents are required to show that he is dependent on me. I have death certificate of my mom and yes I am supporting him financially. What is included in the medical checkup? He is hypertensive & diabetic but all controlled and he has good health. Only factor is his age which is 80 now.
Does he have a pension?
Old Jul 7th 2015, 12:12 am
Just Joined

He doesn't have his own pension. However he is getting my mothers pension as a spouse. Does that count?
Old Jul 7th 2015, 12:17 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

He doesn't have his own pension. However he is getting my mothers pension as a spouse. Does that count?

Which country are you from and where are you living?
Old Jul 7th 2015, 12:20 am
Just Joined

I am from Pakistan and currently working in Bahrain. My father is living back in Pakistan with one of my sister. He visits me for 3 months and goes back as he cannot get residency in Bahrain as they dont allow parents.
Old Jul 7th 2015, 6:52 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I am from Pakistan and currently working in Bahrain. My father is living back in Pakistan with one of my sister. He visits me for 3 months and goes back as he cannot get residency in Bahrain as they dont allow parents.
So he has a pension and he is not iiving with you. You might struggle

I'd consut a registered agent and have a lookfor a forum more familiar with your country - this forum is aimed at British people moving to Australia and our situation is very different dut to the wefare state in the UK.
Old Jul 7th 2015, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you have several sisters too so that won't help him meet the BOF test
Old Jul 8th 2015, 8:51 am
Account Closed

MarkHoath is on a distinguished road

There is no Balance of Family Test for addition a Parent as a Dependent...

To Meet the Criteria (generally speaking)

1) He cant have a spouse/de facto partner.
2) He Usually resides in your home (sounds like that could be a problem).
3) He is financially dependent on you (which is a very strict financial test).

----
Mod note. Feb 2016

This person is no longer MARA registered .
The account has been closed.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 16th 2016 at 7:26 am.
Old Aug 4th 2015, 12:38 am
Just Joined

anandshah31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Pollyana,
I have similar situation.

I am planning to apply for PR in Australia.
I have wife, kid & mother (widow) who is totally financially dependent on me.

Can you pls advice, If I can apply her PR application along with mine ?
She also has chronic bronchitis (which is not contagious), does this cause problem to her & there for our entire application case ?

Also to let you know that I am he only son (with no siblings) and my mother's age is 56 years.

Last edited by old.sparkles; Aug 4th 2015 at 4:04 am.
Old Aug 4th 2015, 4:57 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by anandshah31
Hi Pollyana,
I have similar situation.

I am planning to apply for PR in Australia.
I have wife, kid & mother (widow) who is totally financially dependent on me.

Can you pls advice, If I can apply her PR application along with mine ?
She also has chronic bronchitis (which is not contagious), does this cause problem to her & there for our entire application case ?

Also to let you know that I am he only son (with no siblings) and my mother's age is 56 years.
I can't advise you as I am not an agent, I can only pass on the info I know.
If your mother is totally dependent on you then you can add her to your application. She will need to pass the medical, as will your wife and child.