Visa evidencing in new passport

Old Jun 25th 2011, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

SEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really nice
Default Visa evidencing in new passport

Hi,

I was granted a 136 permanent residency visa in 2007, and subsequently got the P.R Visa label in my passport through the Australian Embassy in Berlin. Now I will be back in Europe for about 2 months and was planning to get a new passport issued while in EU, as my old one is getting relatively close to expiry date. RRV visa is not an issue since the currency visa is still valid for another year.

AU Embassy website (http://germany.embassy.gov.au/beln/evidencing.html) state new passport does not need a new visa label, but to bring the old (with valid label) and new passport to Australian airport immigration.

- I just wanted to see if anyone tried this and it worked well? What´s the process upon AU arrival - will it take a lot of extra time for new visa evidencing in new passport at airport?
No problems boarding aircraft back into Australia (since the visa will still be associated with old passport)?

Thanks,
Andy
Old Jun 26th 2011, 12:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa evidencing in new passport

Originally Posted by SEAndy
Hi,

I was granted a 136 permanent residency visa in 2007, and subsequently got the P.R Visa label in my passport through the Australian Embassy in Berlin. Now I will be back in Europe for about 2 months and was planning to get a new passport issued while in EU, as my old one is getting relatively close to expiry date. RRV visa is not an issue since the currency visa is still valid for another year.

AU Embassy website (http://germany.embassy.gov.au/beln/evidencing.html) state new passport does not need a new visa label, but to bring the old (with valid label) and new passport to Australian airport immigration.

- I just wanted to see if anyone tried this and it worked well? What´s the process upon AU arrival - will it take a lot of extra time for new visa evidencing in new passport at airport?
No problems boarding aircraft back into Australia (since the visa will still be associated with old passport)?

Thanks,
Andy
Many many people have done this over the years. Turn up at check-in with both passports and you'll be fine. Good idea to get a visa label from a DIAC office once you get here though, makes it a lot easier if you can actually show physical evidence of the visa to Medicare etc.