Visa costs?

Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

clairegarymc will become famous soon enoughclairegarymc will become famous soon enough
Default Visa costs?

Hi

I hoping to start the visa process in August and will be applying for a skilled permanent residence visa (not sure of the title) for me, my husband and two sons. Can anyone tell me how much the whole process will cost?

Thanks

Claire
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of
Default Re: Visa costs?

loads more than we could afford

stick it on your visa and pay it off later

Lynn xx
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Claire

The costs will vary a bit depending on which visa you go, how much your skills assessment costs and where you have your meds done.

Check here for info on visa costs:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i...-australia.htm

You only need to pay the 1st installment unless one of you (aged 18 and over) has less than functional English

Our costs so far:

Skills assessment - £981 (this was for a pharmacist, don't think they are all so expensive)

Medicals - £750 (2 adults and 2 children, inc x-rays and blood tests)

175 Visa application - £937

Bit scary

And obviously on top of this we will have estate agents costs to sell our UK property, removal costs to Oz, flights, rental accomodation on arrival and various set up costs.

It certainly is not a cheap process.

Hope that helps

Sam
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all

Under £3.000 for a whole new life, i'll have some of that.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pazza
Under £3.000 for a whole new life, i'll have some of that.
Yeah, sounds cheap but that does not include estate agents fees approx £4k removals approx £4-5K, flights £2k, new car, rental deposits, something to live on while we find jobs etc)

So it all adds up to being a whole lot more

Sam