visa costs

Old Mar 24th 2007, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all
Default visa costs

Hi All,

I have read all the dimia booklets and also the form 990 or whatever and still cannot make out whether or not the employee pays and how much for the 457 visa. Can someone who has been through the process please advise.

Thankyou!
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:40 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa costs

Australia is still asleep.

I guess it depends - some employers may pay for some or all of it, others won't.

Good luck.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:49 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

I paid $185 medicals are extra.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i...-temporary.htm

The employer pays the nomination and sponsorship charge.

Last edited by wannabauzzienurse; Mar 24th 2007 at 10:52 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 8:37 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
I paid $185 medicals are extra.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i...-temporary.htm

The employer pays the nomination and sponsorship charge.
If you have a nice employer, they may even let you expense your fees. Talk to them about it.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

BIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really nice

How quickly you forget - but as far as I can remember, my employer paid the nomination and sponsorship fee at the Ozzie end. Once I completed my application (which I did on line) I then paid the carge for the visa with the completed application.(can't remember excatly how much - about £90 I think) The only other fee after that is costs for x rays/medicals. Depends on the doc - we paid £95 per person for medical and £55 per person per x ray. If your job is medical or in the teaching profession then you will require a medical - other wise it is just an x ray.

Wether or not you ask your employer to pay - that is between you and them. This type of visa is not as costly as the others - but there are restrictions associated with this type of visa. Hope this helps

Debbie
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

Thanks to everyone who has replied. No nonsense answers with straight facts. God I love this site!!!