visa changes, HELP!!!

Old Jun 24th 2012, 8:39 am
Just Joined

aatucks will become famous soon enoughaatucks will become famous soon enough
Default visa changes, HELP!!!

I have looked through all the visas and filled out a form which said because of my OH occupation (pipefitter/plumber) and on the points system we would be eligible for a 175 visa. Someone from global visas rang me and confirmed we would get that visa and could cost about £2000 to get it. He didn't tell me that on 1st july it would all be changing though!

I have lots of questions, firstly, the EOI, do you have to pay for that?
I put it into google but all it could tell me was that you now have to fill that out before you can do anything.
Or is it a case of because it hasn't started yet no one really knows?

If i get the invitation to apply after the EOI, who would i contact for filling out the forms myself?
how difficult is it to fill out the forms?
how much does it cost to do it yourself?

I have lots more questions but theres no point until i apply for the EOI and, hopefully, get an invitation to apply

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 24th 2012, 8:56 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: visa changes, HELP!!!

Originally Posted by aatucks

I have looked through all the visas and filled out a form which said because of my OH occupation (pipefitter/plumber) and on the points system we would be eligible for a 175 visa. Someone from global visas rang me and confirmed we would get that visa and could cost about £2000 to get it. He didn't tell me that on 1st july it would all be changing though!

I have lots of questions, firstly, the EOI, do you have to pay for that?
I put it into google but all it could tell me was that you now have to fill that out before you can do anything.
Or is it a case of because it hasn't started yet no one really knows?

If i get the invitation to apply after the EOI, who would i contact for filling out the forms myself?
how difficult is it to fill out the forms?
how much does it cost to do it yourself?

I have lots more questions but theres no point until i apply for the EOI and, hopefully, get an invitation to apply

Thanks in advance
The EoI is free to submit. If/when you are invited to apply, then you would lodge your application. As long as you are organised & are confident that you can do the forms, there's no reason you can't do them yourself. We don't know yet if the visa application charges (VAC) will increase or not. Currently the fee for the 175/176/475 is £1995. There's more information in the SkillSelect thread at the top of the forum.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 10:38 am
Just Joined

Default Re: visa changes, HELP!!!

Thanks.
We havn't got the funds at the moment to pay for the visa but will have soon, should I do the EOI now (after 1st july) or wait until we have the money for everything?
I know I'm sounding really thick and asking stupid questions but this is all quite baffling!!!
Old Jun 24th 2012, 10:41 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
We havn't got the funds at the moment to pay for the visa but will have soon, should I do the EOI now (after 1st july) or wait until we have the money for everything?
I know I'm sounding really thick and asking stupid questions but this is all quite baffling!!!
Don't worry - we've all been there!

It's up to you if you want to submit the EoI on the 1st July. If I recall correctly, if you are invited to apply, you would have sixty days to lodge your application.

You should start sorting the skills assessment before the EoI though. They can take a while.

Last edited by mrsgreenstar76; Jun 24th 2012 at 10:54 am.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 10:54 am
Just Joined

Right thats brill, thanks.
What, if any, documents do I need for the EOI?
Are the EOI and visa forms easy? well, straight forward?
what documents would we need to produce for the visa?
I realise theres no need to worry about all this until we have the invitation but I'd like to be prepared, mentally, for what might come.
I have so many more questions but will leave them until we, hopefully, get the invitation.
Again sorry for all the questions
Thank you
Old Jun 24th 2012, 11:02 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Right thats brill, thanks.
What, if any, documents do I need for the EOI?
Are the EOI and visa forms easy? well, straight forward?
what documents would we need to produce for the visa?
I realise theres no need to worry about all this until we have the invitation but I'd like to be prepared, mentally, for what might come.
I have so many more questions but will leave them until we, hopefully, get the invitation.
Again sorry for all the questions
Thank you
Stop thinking about the EOI. Read www.immi.gov.au (as I pointed out in your other thread) for what you need to do for his trade - i.e. what assessing authority. Before you can submit an EOI you need to do a skills assessment. Once that is done then you can submit the EOI along with whatever documentation is required. By the time your husband does the skills assessment the information will be up on the DIAC site.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

joojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Stop thinking about the EOI. Read www.immi.gov.au (as I pointed out in your other thread) for what you need to do for his trade - i.e. what assessing authority. Before you can submit an EOI you need to do a skills assessment. Once that is done then you can submit the EOI along with whatever documentation is required. By the time your husband does the skills assessment the information will be up on the DIAC site.
+1
Old Jun 24th 2012, 11:13 am
Just Joined

Hi Dorothy,
I've been trawling through the immi website but nothing is making sense to me, I do think I am being very thick!
I'll keep trawling and maybe get someone to do it with me, maybe they'll see what I'm missing.
Thanks
Old Jun 24th 2012, 11:17 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I've been trawling through the immi website but nothing is making sense to me ...

Then maybe you need to instruct an agent to help you achieve your objective?

Best regards.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 11:22 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dorothy,
I've been trawling through the immi website but nothing is making sense to me, I do think I am being very thick!
I'll keep trawling and maybe get someone to do it with me, maybe they'll see what I'm missing.
Thanks
http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/#vw=%23a_step_1 Do this first. Then download booklet 6 and do the points test on there.

Is his skill on this list? http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule1.pdf If yes, the name of the assessing body is beside it. i.e. Plumber is TRA, so look at the TRA website for what he needs to do to have his skills assessed by them as a plumber. Is he a plumber or a pipefitter?

http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Progr...s/default.aspx

Once he's done all these things the changes will have come into effect and he can look at how many points he has and decide whether to apply for state sponsorship or sit the IELTS test to make up the required 60. Once he's done those steps then and only then can he put in an EOI. If he's invited to apply for a visa that's when he actually does an application to DIAC. Until he's got a valid skills assessment and can make the required points there's no sense in putting in an EOI, as it would be rejected straight away.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 11:23 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
I've been trawling through the immi website but nothing is making sense to me ...

Then maybe you need to instruct an agent to help you achieve your objective?

Best regards.
They've had feedback from Global Visas, but they didn't even tell them that things were changing next week! Perhaps someone in Southampton might be better suited to walk them through the process.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 11:24 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dorothy.

Yes, maybe I should have said a competent agent ...

Best wishes.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 11:25 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Hi Dorothy.

Yes, maybe I should have said a competent agent ...

Best wishes.
Absolutely.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Hi again,
I have been focusing on whats needed for the skillselect and in particular the IELTS general training test and am slightly concerned as my OH is dyslexic, he is obviously fluent in English and can get on with everyday life but he might struggle with the tests.
The man from globalvisas said it shouldn't be a problem but as he didn't inform of 1st july changes i'm not quite sure whether to trust his opinion.
Will his dyslexia be taken into account or will it prevent us from possibly getting a visa?
Again, I realise I'm sounding really thick, I promise I'm not as stupid as I'm making out, really I'm not!!!
Old Jun 24th 2012, 2:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again,
I have been focusing on whats needed for the skillselect and in particular the IELTS general training test and am slightly concerned as my OH is dyslexic, he is obviously fluent in English and can get on with everyday life but he might struggle with the tests.
The man from globalvisas said it shouldn't be a problem but as he didn't inform of 1st july changes i'm not quite sure whether to trust his opinion.
Will his dyslexia be taken into account or will it prevent us from possibly getting a visa?
Again, I realise I'm sounding really thick, I promise I'm not as stupid as I'm making out, really I'm not!!!
Check out this thread there's a useful link in it

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9801252

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.