Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

VISA APPROVED..NOW MY EMPLOYER ASKING MONEY...PLS HELP

VISA APPROVED..NOW MY EMPLOYER ASKING MONEY...PLS HELP

Old Mar 24th 2010, 9:40 am
pil
Forum Regular

pil is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy VISA APPROVED..NOW MY EMPLOYER ASKING MONEY...PLS HELP

Hi,

As you know my RSMS(employer sponsored) visa has approved yesterday(23/03/10) and still I am in london,I will fly first week of may.But today my employer called me and asked me 15000 aus doller.He said you have to give me as I will give you a job as a manager.I have permanent agreement contract with him with 48000 aus annual salary.I gave interview over the phone and send my experience certificate after that we sign permanent contract.

Can you please give me some advice.....I am very upset...
Please help me..I dont know what I can do.................
Old Mar 24th 2010, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

alesak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VISA APPROVED..NOW MY EMPLOYER ASKING MONEY...PLS HELP

Originally Posted by pil
Hi,

As you know my RSMS(employer sponsored) visa has approved yesterday(23/03/10) and still I am in london,I will fly first week of may.But today my employer called me and asked me 15000 aus doller.He said you have to give me as I will give you a job as a manager.I have permanent agreement contract with him with 48000 aus annual salary.I gave interview over the phone and send my experience certificate after that we sign permanent contract.

Hi Pil,
I would contact DIAC as it seems to me you are in terrible situation and you
are blackmailed by your future employer.
Alesak
Old Mar 24th 2010, 10:14 am
pil
Forum Regular

But I am worried if DIAC cancel my visa.Me my wife and my daughter got visa together.I really dont know what I can do....I am very very upset,
Old Mar 24th 2010, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

This is a terrible situation. Firstly are you absolutely 100% sure there is not misunderstanding?

If there is no misunderstanding you have two options.

1) You pay it.

2) You inform DIAC.

I sincerely hope you would not contemplate option 1) because this sounds like blackmail.

But you are right the visa could be cancelled if the employer tells DIAC you are in breach of conditions, which they could do now, or they could do after asking you for another $15k in 6 months time.

I am at something of a loss as to what you should do. But don't try to handle this alone, get some legal / migration assistance before you do anything. They would be able to tell you what options and likely outcomes are ahead of you.

Good luck.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 10:36 am
pil
Forum Regular

If the employer inform to DIAC about that false information are DIAC believe that or they will contact with me?
Old Mar 24th 2010, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pil
If the employer inform to DIAC about that false information are DIAC believe that or they will contact with me?
Just a thought...

Tell the employer you're not going to pay and if they don't drop it you will report them to DIAC and the Australian authorities, what they are doing is illegal and they (not you) could get into a lot of trouble. Two can play at that game and you are the innocent party.

Really though you need to take professional advice and hopefully one of the helful Migration agents who frequent the forum will advise you, if not I'd suggest contacting one.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 10:48 am
pil
Forum Regular

I am really surprised..
Old Mar 24th 2010, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

victoriat is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a nightmare..
Take professional advice before doing anything.
And if you like please inform the forum about.
Good luck!
Old Mar 24th 2010, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

intellect20 is an unknown quantity at this point

good answer
Originally Posted by freebo
Just a thought...

Tell the employer you're not going to pay and if they don't drop it you will report them to DIAC and the Australian authorities, what they are doing is illegal and they (not you) could get into a lot of trouble. Two can play at that game and you are the innocent party.

Really though you need to take professional advice and hopefully one of the helful Migration agents who frequent the forum will advise you, if not I'd suggest contacting one.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 7:09 pm
scb
Just Joined

scb is on a distinguished road

Hi Pil,

Your situation does not sound good but you have many options.

A. Seek a migration agent who can advice you how to tackle this issue with DIAC and legal terms/conditions. Agent wont charge you full fee as you are seeking just advice. I suggest you contact George Lamboard who is an agent based in SYD and sure he will help you out.

B. Your employer looks dodgy and he is trying to explore your situation thinking that you are scared of getting VISA cancellation. Legally he is wrong and you need to inform DIAC about it but suggest you not to go alone with this.

Good Luck
Old Mar 24th 2010, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

msabiransari is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pil
Hi,

Write an email to your employer and explain him what you understood after having conversation on the phone and ask him If you both are on the same page. By doing this you will have clear understanding about the conversation between you and him and you will have an evidence against him. Forget about going to Australia on this visa as he will be creating problems for you in the future. After getting response (wait for couple of days if you dont receive the response), send the complain against him to DIAC and all the states where he is doing business. Google for any business bureau (if any functional) in Australia and send your complaint to them as well.

This is what I would be doing if I were you.

BTW have you resigned from your current job?
Old Mar 24th 2010, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Vindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pil
Hi,

Hi Pil,
You are between a rock and a hard place,I would first of all take the advise of the posts on here and contact an agent as soon as possible.
I would also contact DIAC and ask them.
I would also ask your employer to explain what the $15000 is for and ask him to put it in writing.
Its a difficult desision you have to take but you wont want to work for an employer that puts you in such a position,and you wont know if in the future he asks for more.
I certanly wouldnt pay the money.

Good luck
vindy
Old Mar 25th 2010, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

double00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pil

i read ur situation but i reallly smell some fishy here!! i really dunt think its not all into ur situation??? I really dont think australian company to this kinda thing? sorry may be its me !!!
Old Mar 25th 2010, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

qamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really nice

This is a tricky sitiutation.

Just out from curiosity, what if some member from DIAC is reading this post...
Old Mar 25th 2010, 4:11 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by double00
i read ur situation but i reallly smell some fishy here!! i really dunt think its not all into ur situation??? I really dont think australian company to this kinda thing? sorry may be its me !!!
Yes, it's just you. Do you think that just because they're in Australia that makes the company (or its employees) 100% honest?
Originally Posted by qamar_qadian
This is a tricky sitiutation.

Just out from curiosity, what if some member from DIAC is reading this post...
So what if a DIAC employee is reading this post?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.