Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Is the Visa application going to be as much work as the TRA???

Is the Visa application going to be as much work as the TRA???

Old Jan 10th 2005, 11:45 am
Welsh Member!!

GrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really nice
Default Is the Visa application going to be as much work as the TRA???

I got totally pi$$ed off (please excuse my french) with the amount of work I had to put in for the TRA application, and was wandering if anyone that has been through this before can comment on the Visa application process??
Old Jan 10th 2005, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Is the Visa application going to be as much work as the TRA???

Originally Posted by GrantP
I got totally pi$$ed off (please excuse my french) with the amount of work I had to put in for the TRA application, and was wandering if anyone that has been through this before can comment on the Visa application process??
LOL TRA mmmmm nightmare It is one of the hardest things to do. ive filled in the main application and it seemed alot easier the only thing is everything you have sent to TRA you have to send with main application. We havent sent it off yet just waiting for new passports then we can send off and then the wait begins again lol.

Good luck

Debs xxx
Old Jan 10th 2005, 12:00 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Our agent did ours, just had to get updated refs.
Reading through all looks straightforward and much easier then TRA.

Kevin
Old Jan 10th 2005, 12:01 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xxdebsonlinexx
LOL TRA mmmmm nightmare It is one of the hardest things to do. ive filled in the main application and it seemed alot easier the only thing is everything you have sent to TRA you have to send with main application. We havent sent it off yet just waiting for new passports then we can send off and then the wait begins again lol.

Good luck

Debs xxx

The only poain in the ar@e that i have founf is the bit that requires you to list off where you have lived for the last few years and the bit about jobs since leaving school. Other than that i agree with debs !!

Jon
Old Jan 10th 2005, 12:11 pm
Welsh Member!!

GrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really nice

Good luck

Debs xxx
Surely I don't need to send everything I sent with the tra off??? ....I'm asuming it's for proof of employment??? ...don't they just need a reference???
Old Jan 10th 2005, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough

Surely I don't need to send everything I sent with the tra off??? ....I'm asuming it's for proof of employment??? ...don't they just need a reference???

Yes you do need to send eveything off you sent to TRA it states it either on main app or in booklet 6 cant remember which now . Plus they need references if your claiming points for recent work experience.
Old Jan 10th 2005, 12:21 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you need to send a copy of all of it.

Plus

4 Passport photo's each

Copies of,
Recent work reference
Full Birth Certif for everyone
Passport data page for everyone
Cv
Proof of English Lang ability
Mariage cert (if appropriate)
Adoption papers (if appropriate)

I think that was all.

Kevin
Old Jan 10th 2005, 12:43 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinl
Yes you need to send a copy of all of it.

Plus

4 Passport photo's each

Copies of,
Recent work reference
Full Birth Certif for everyone
Passport data page for everyone
Cv
Proof of English Lang ability
Mariage cert (if appropriate)
Adoption papers (if appropriate)

I think that was all.

Kevin

You forgot your inside leg measurement and :-)
Old Jan 10th 2005, 4:29 pm
Welsh Member!!

Yes you do need to send eveything off you sent to TRA it states it either on main app or in booklet 6 cant remember which now . Plus they need references if your claiming points for recent work experience.
Bugger!!! ....I had to get about 50 pages certified for the TRA, and I've got to do it all again!!!???
...and how do you provide English lang ability??? ...it's the only bloody language I speak, isn't that good enough for them!!????
Old Jan 10th 2005, 4:47 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont think you have to "prove" English language if you are a born and bred English speaker...

I hope the main bit isnt as bad as TRA - husband spent nearly all weekend at the PC re-doing our TRA application!
Old Jan 10th 2005, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road

And more, DIMIA require employers references stating hours worked and salary, TRA dont.!!!

It was a pain for me to get the TRA refs, then I had to go back and get the DIMIA refs aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh !!!

Yes you do have to send DIMIA everything you sent TRA.