Visa application failed?

Old Dec 26th 2008, 2:04 am
CHB
BE Enthusiast

CHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really nice
Default Visa application failed?

has anyone ever came across or heard any visa application failed after being accessed by case officer? this question come out of my mind suddenly. yes i met all the requirement with 140 points on General Skilled Migration, applied from Low Risk Country (Malaysia) and yes my occupation still on the new Critical Skills List (Electronics Engineer).
now i'm into my 7th month of waiting.. cheers mate..
Old Dec 26th 2008, 5:02 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa application failed?

Yes, applications are declined for a variety of reasons. Some for health others for character, still others for not meeting the work experience requirement. No visa is guarenteed, so until it's granted there is always a chance.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Ahmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Yes, applications are declined for a variety of reasons. Some for health others for character, still others for not meeting the work experience requirement. No visa is guarenteed, so until it's granted there is always a chance.
Health...... it is really scaring me.

Overweight, and a smoker. I am planning to take the medical check at the end of januray. How serious is the wieght thing?
Old Dec 26th 2008, 3:50 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ahmadj

Overweight, and a smoker. I am planning to take the medical check at the end of januray. How serious is the wieght thing?
Weight in itself is not a big issue (I'm a little overweight and I used to smoke like it was going out of style). It can be a cause ofsome other conditions though, so you might expect a bit more thorough physical.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

ketty is just really niceketty is just really niceketty is just really niceketty is just really niceketty is just really niceketty is just really niceketty is just really niceketty is just really nice

Can someone tell me, when the medicals should/could/ must be done?
I want to apply for a 175 and I am not sure, when I have to do the medicals.
I only know someone who has a spouse visa and she got an information that she has to do the medicals, 6 weeks before her visa was granted.
Application was 7 month before.
Thanks for your help
Old Dec 27th 2008, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

izle_mae is an unknown quantity at this point

re work experience requirement..does that mean even if your have been granted state sponsorship and applying for skilled state sponsored visa?

hoping for some guidance..tnx.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 2:25 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry too much about the weight thing - unless of course you're 200kg and only 1.5m tall! Both my husband and I are overweight but otherwise in fairly good health and we passed no problems.
Originally Posted by ketty
I only know someone who has a spouse visa and she got an information that she has to do the medicals, 6 weeks before her visa was granted.
Thanks for your help
If you sent your application 7 months ago then you could probably do them at the end of January or so. Alternately you could wait for your case officer to be assigned and he or she will request the medicals and police checks be done. Generally, low risk applications take about 7-9 months to be granted and high risk countries 12-14 months.
Originally Posted by izle_mae
re work experience requirement..does that mean even if your have been granted state sponsorship and applying for skilled state sponsored visa?
Yes, even for state sponsored visas. The criteria for state sponsorship is different to the criteria for a visa.
hoping for some guidance..tnx.
Answers above in red.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

ketty is just really niceketty is just really niceketty is just really niceketty is just really niceketty is just really niceketty is just really niceketty is just really niceketty is just really nice

If you sent your application 7 months ago then you could probably do them at the end of January or so. Alternately you could wait for your case officer to be assigned and he or she will request the medicals and police checks be done. Generally, low risk applications take about 7-9 months to be granted and high risk countries 12-14 months.

Answers above in red.
Thank you for your answer, that helps pretty much.
I was a little bit away when I wrote this question, the spouse visa applicant had her application 7 month ago, my application will follow, when I have my whole stuff together.
Thank you.
Old Dec 31st 2008, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Lissa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals

Originally Posted by ketty
Thanks for your help
You should have put this under a different thread!

I have just been granted my 175 so I hope I can be of help for you going for yours. I would wait for your Case Officer to ask you to do the medicals. If you apply for your visa, and get medicals done without being asked to, say next month, and your visa is not issued until Dec 2009, your chance to validate visa will be dated from when your medicals and police checks were done. Which may only give you a matter of weeks to get to Oz.

I applied Jan 08, got case officer Oct 08, got medicals done as requested 10 Nov 08, they arrived in Oz early Dec 08, and Visa granted 18 Dec 08. We have until 10 November 2009 to either validate or make the move permanent. If you do not validate by the date Australia give you it invalidates the Visa altogether. We have until 18 Dec 2013 to move out there permanent.

I hope this gives you a little bit more info. Anything else you need to know, do not hesitate to ask - I have just finished the long haul of getting the 175!

Lissa
Old Dec 31st 2008, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

the dooners is on a distinguished road

As long as your bmi is less than 40 you'll be fine

the dooners
Old Dec 31st 2008, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Ahmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really nice

Originally Posted by the dooners
As long as your bmi is less than 40 you'll be fine

the dooners
lol, body mass index below 40. But, what happens if reaches 40?
Old Dec 31st 2008, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

vickiejaynem will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CHB
has anyone ever came across or heard any visa application failed after being accessed by case officer? this question come out of my mind suddenly. yes i met all the requirement with 140 points on General Skilled Migration, applied from Low Risk Country (Malaysia) and yes my occupation still on the new Critical Skills List (Electronics Engineer).
now i'm into my 7th month of waiting.. cheers mate..
we applied 1st july and hubby accountant so kind of on critical list but we didnt do the ILETS.lol.he has done a business law Australian uni distantance course for OZ though so might help (never know ) still not heard anyting from diac since july. just enjoying life for now. hopefully hear something in new year.Hubby overweight + but gp says he fit enough with good bp bloods etc and none diabetis etc just the weight to loose. expecting more bigger medical for him when we do them though due to his weight. good luck everyone and happy new year
Old Dec 31st 2008, 10:24 pm
CHB
BE Enthusiast

CHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really nice

Originally Posted by vickiejaynem
we applied 1st july and hubby accountant so kind of on critical list but we didnt do the ILETS.lol.he has done a business law Australian uni distantance course for OZ though so might help (never know ) still not heard anyting from diac since july. just enjoying life for now. hopefully hear something in new year.Hubby overweight + but gp says he fit enough with good bp bloods etc and none diabetis etc just the weight to loose. expecting more bigger medical for him when we do them though due to his weight. good luck everyone and happy new year
Happy New Year for all of us on the board! starting from to day the new CSL list will officially started and hope for the best for every one... cheers!!
Old Jan 1st 2009, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

swallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to all
Default Re: Medicals

Originally Posted by Lissa
You should have put this under a different thread!

I have just been granted my 175 so I hope I can be of help for you going for yours. I would wait for your Case Officer to ask you to do the medicals. If you apply for your visa, and get medicals done without being asked to, say next month, and your visa is not issued until Dec 2009, your chance to validate visa will be dated from when your medicals and police checks were done. Which may only give you a matter of weeks to get to Oz.

I applied Jan 08, got case officer Oct 08, got medicals done as requested 10 Nov 08, they arrived in Oz early Dec 08, and Visa granted 18 Dec 08. We have until 10 November 2009 to either validate or make the move permanent. If you do not validate by the date Australia give you it invalidates the Visa altogether. We have until 18 Dec 2013 to move out there permanent.

I hope this gives you a little bit more info. Anything else you need to know, do not hesitate to ask - I have just finished the long haul of getting the 175!

Lissa
hi lissa.were in pompey and are waiting to be assigned a CO.sent application in july of 2008.it is a 175.feels like it will never happen with well intended friends and family asking why so long were going crazy!have you any little ones as we have three 11,8,2.
happy new year
us five
Old Jan 1st 2009, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Lissa is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Medicals

Originally Posted by swallowbride
hi lissa.were in pompey and are waiting to be assigned a CO.sent application in july of 2008.it is a 175.feels like it will never happen with well intended friends and family asking why so long were going crazy!have you any little ones as we have three 11,8,2.
happy new year
us five
Hi Swallowbride

Did you get acknowledgement for application? I did not and when I emailed DIAC in September (9 months after sending) asking them if they had received it, it suddenly all kicked into gear! CO, meds and police check in the next 5 weeks! Even though they had not even got to the month of when I sent my application (Jan 08), as they are still only up to Oct 2007 with 175 paper applications! I am not sure what happened, but I am glad it did!

We don't have any little ones, unless 2 cats count! We want them to come with us as they are 'family'

Any questions PM me as questions get lost in threads.

Happy New Year to all on this site.