visa application and debts

Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:44 am
Just Joined

jollyjester is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa application and debts

hi

we are thinking of applying for a visa but before we do i would like to ask if anyone knows if debts will count against us in the application process. we have a couple of loans and credit cards which we will pay off when we sell the house but will these need to be cloured before we apply.

many thanks
jollyjester
Old Sep 14th 2007, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa application and debts

Originally Posted by jollyjester
hi

we are thinking of applying for a visa but before we do i would like to ask if anyone knows if debts will count against us in the application process. we have a couple of loans and credit cards which we will pay off when we sell the house but will these need to be cloured before we apply.

many thanks
jollyjester

Won't affect a thing.

Also your credit history doesn't follow you here.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

jollyjester is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

thanks for that its reassuring to know we can apply then pay off anything when we sell up

cheers
Old Sep 14th 2007, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

deano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wendy
Also your credit history doesn't follow you here.
Does that apply if your Oz bank has a link with a UK one? i.e., HSBC
Old Sep 15th 2007, 5:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deano66
Does that apply if your Oz bank has a link with a UK one? i.e., HSBC

As far as I know, the UK aren't allowed to share the info outside of Europe (unless they have your consent).