Visa Advise for 22 year old

Old Dec 8th 2009, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Hightide Orion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Advise for 22 year old

Hi all,

My names James, I'm 22 and looking to get out to the 'Land of Oz' cause I have literally had enough of the shit in England

I am a Level 2 soon to be Level 3 Welder but have no 'on the job' experience. I do plan on going to a Seminar or Expo here in England to get more info, but would like the thoughts of people who have experience in moving to Australia.

Can any expat give me some help. I have looked at the following Visa's options.

Skilled Migrant

Based on my qualifications, but because of my lack of experience I don't know if I could do it. Know what I mean.

Student

But I'm limited to the amount of hours I can work. So living is going to be hard and can't do an Apprenticeship.

and the Trade Skills Training (TST) Visa.

Where I can do an apprenticeship, but I heard this was only a temporary measure brought by in the aussie government a few years ago, so I don't now if it's still available.

Any help/advise would be great guys & gals
Old Dec 8th 2009, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

hull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nice
Default Re: Visa Advise for 22 year old

Originally Posted by Hightide Orion
Hi all,

My names James, I'm 22 and looking to get out to the 'Land of Oz' cause I have literally had enough of the shit in England

I am a Level 2 soon to be Level 3 Welder but have no 'on the job' experience. I do plan on going to a Seminar or Expo here in England to get more info, but would like the thoughts of people who have experience in moving to Australia.

Skilled Migrant

Based on my qualifications, but because of my lack of experience I don't know if I could do it. Know what I mean.

Student

But I'm limited to the amount of hours I can work. So living is going to be hard and can't do an Apprenticeship.

Where I can do an apprenticeship, but I heard this was only a temporary measure brought by in the aussie government a few years ago, so I don't now if it's still available.

Hi, Im not 100% sure but going as a skilled migrant requires a certain amount of work experience, i think 6 years though i dont know how essential it is! you certainly need to read this forum thoroughly and get some proper advice off the regular posters or get in touch with an agent! going on a student visa is expensive by my reckoning ($10,000 per term i think) but if you are applying for GSM think about getting a move on because new applications are taking roughly 3 years now for completion! good luck
Old Dec 8th 2009, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Have you thought about a working holiday visa?
You get it initially for a year, and you can only work for each employer for 6 months. You can do 3 months work somewhere in the middle of nowhere to extend it for another year........ but more importantly, if you like the place, you may find an employer willing to sponsor you (assuming you have the minimum qualifications needed and just not the experiance this can happen).

Good luck
Old Dec 8th 2009, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

hull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nice

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Have you thought about a working holiday visa?
You get it initially for a year, and you can only work for each employer for 6 months. You can do 3 months work somewhere in the middle of nowhere to extend it for another year........ but more importantly, if you like the place, you may find an employer willing to sponsor you (assuming you have the minimum qualifications needed and just not the experiance this can happen).

Good luck
OR if you find a girl (Australian resident) that willl marry you in that 2 years!.. i cant believe i didnt suggest this, this is what i have just done myself! DOH
Old Dec 12th 2009, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hull2perth
OR if you find a girl (Australian resident) that willl marry you in that 2 years!.. i cant believe i didnt suggest this, this is what i have just done myself! DOH
yeah there is that possibility lol

I did think about a working holiday visa. But i am definately going to get in contact with an agent for more info. I am also going to get in contact with a few companies over there.

BTW can anyone recommend a good agent and are there any other welders on here for advice?
Old Dec 12th 2009, 10:36 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

Les Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to behold

With the proviso that I am unaware of your full circumstances, it appears to me that you may be better off getting some work experience first then come over here on a WHV, at which point finding work should not be an issue although the work situation is fluid. That path ought then open up the possibility of an ENS visa.

I doubt whether many (if any) employers would put you on without at least some work experience.

As for coming here on a WHV purely to find someone to marry... I have suggested that very much tongue in cheek in the past... the reality is that not only is that unconscionable with regard to the lady involved but it also requires you to lie on the spouse visa application form where there is a specific question in that regard. Plus, no visa is worth three or four years of misery.

Equally, should you come here on a WHV and just happen to meet someone you wish to spend the rest of your life with, then that is life, it happens.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

charw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant future

Hi all,

Skilled Migrant

Student

Anyway even most experienced overseas guys immigrating find difficult to get a suitable jobs initially without Ausssi exposure. Next, unless you have 1 year full time experience in occupation, you cant apply for PR. So if you re in a hurry try WHV.
Frankly as someone has suggested to you I have no clue how you pop the question & can live with someone for life, who just met you to get your PR.

Hey .... what happens if she turns her nose up.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 3:09 am
Just Joined

Can anyone recommend a good agent for advice???
Old Dec 13th 2009, 3:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone recommend a good agent for advice???
Have a look through the last few pages of posts on here and you should find several threads with a title like that. Some to look out for are George Lombard, Alan Collet, Les Mighalls, but there are many more who all post on here and have been recommended by fellow posters. Or do a search for MARA agent, and you should find plenty