which visa

Old Dec 19th 2009, 9:17 am
Just Joined

stav69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default which visa

hi all, we are wanting too move to oz in the next few years and was wondering which visa would be best for us. i,m 35 and a scaffolder, but had my own company for last 7 yrs. my girlfriend is 29 and is training too be a teaching assistant, but has her own personal license (pub). we have a 18 month old boy. we want too go to brisbane as we have lots of friends there, been on holiday there this year and loved it. any help would be great cheers. stav
Old Dec 19th 2009, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: which visa

Originally Posted by stav69
hi all, we are wanting too move to oz in the next few years and was wondering which visa would be best for us. i,m 35 and a scaffolder, but had my own company for last 7 yrs. my girlfriend is 29 and is training too be a teaching assistant, but has her own personal license (pub). we have a 18 month old boy. we want too go to brisbane as we have lots of friends there, been on holiday there this year and loved it. any help would be great cheers. stav
try the visa wizard
http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/
Old Dec 19th 2009, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Your background details woul dnot indicate you might be eligible for any kind of relative visa, as such you are looking at skilled migration. The first step is to see if you or your OH is employed in an occupation on the SOL. Unfortunately, I did not see your occupations listed, but I think it would be worth you having a look to see if there is something that looks suitable. Unfortunately some people are just not on the list.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf

If you are not on the list then I would suggest arranging to consult with a migration agent to see if they have any suggestions, you mention you have run a business so perhaps that is another avenue to explore.

Good luck
Old Dec 19th 2009, 10:54 am
Just Joined

right can not see anything on the lists, so would that be it or is there other options,bermudashorts said my be running my business my help, in what way thanks.stav
Old Dec 19th 2009, 10:58 am
Just Joined

hi again forgot to say i have hgv class 2, if that helps any.cheers stav
Old Dec 19th 2009, 12:06 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

right can not see anything on the lists, so would that be it or is there other options,bermudashorts said my be running my business my help, in what way thanks.stav
A business skills visa is for people who have successfully run their own businesses. You have to prove you can run a business which turns over a certain amount of money each year.

Do speak to an agent. There are unfortunately some people who do not qualify for a visa.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 6:11 am
Reg. Migration Agent

Les Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to behold

A business skills visa is for people who have successfully run their own businesses
With minimum requirements in various categories, one of which is that you must spend more than half your time running the business, and definitely not be the sole worker in it.

I would suggest that you seek professional advice which would include a thorough examination of both you and your partner's situation and businesses.