which visa

Old Nov 17th 2009, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

agillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to all
Default which visa

Hey all,
I'm currently on a working holiday visa which expires next May and wondering which visa to apply for as I want to stay here. I'm an electrician but have only got about an year and a half experience and have just started a new job so I don't qualify for the ENS visa. I'm just wondering what are my other options???

Adrian
Old Nov 17th 2009, 10:00 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: which visa

Originally Posted by agillick
Hey all,
I'm currently on a working holiday visa which expires next May and wondering which visa to apply for as I want to stay here. I'm an electrician but have only got about an year and a half experience and have just started a new job so I don't qualify for the ENS visa. I'm just wondering what are my other options???

Adrian
www.immi.gov.au has a visa wizard. Unless you can get sponsored for a visa your other option would be to do 3 months of fruit picking so you can get another WHV. Or find an Aussie and marry her.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

agillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to all

I forgot to mention that I'm currently on my second year WHV and I've got a girlfriend. I've just started a new job so can't ask for sponsorship yet. If I applied for a regional visa would I be put on a bridging visa?
Old Nov 17th 2009, 2:13 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

Les Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to behold

Is the GF an Aussie?

If so, are you living in a de facto relationship with her?

And, for the trifecta, which State or Territory are you living in?
Old Nov 18th 2009, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Hi Les,

My girlfriend is Irish. We've been toghether 5 and a half years so shouldn't have much problem proving defacto. I'm currently in Perth.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 6:55 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agillick
Hi Les,

My girlfriend is Irish. We've been toghether 5 and a half years so shouldn't have much problem proving defacto. I'm currently in Perth.
You may have been together 5 years but have you lived together for 12 months?
Old Nov 18th 2009, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

What is your girlfriend's visa status? Is she on a WHV like you?
Old Nov 18th 2009, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

we lived together for 3 years in Ireland and a year and a half in Australia.