Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Visa 475 and Proprietary Limited Company/self-employment

Visa 475 and Proprietary Limited Company/self-employment

Old Jul 4th 2010, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Paul Down Under is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa 475 and Proprietary Limited Company/self-employment

Visa 475 and Proprietary Limited Company registraion eligibilty
Hello All,
Newcomer here...just been awarded the Regional Sponsored (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 475) but reviewing restrictions.
Cannot seem to find any info about setting up a Proprietary Limited Company.
Has anyone any experience?
Especially regarding self employment in the Proprietary Limited Company that obviously is registered in the regional area. BUT can this company then receive commissions from businesses in the Metropolitan hubs?
Trying to find a way to be able to legally work with clients that are outside the restriction....but not be directly employed by them.
Any tips?
Warmest
P
Old Jul 4th 2010, 5:04 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa 475 and Proprietary Limited Company/self-employment

Any tips? Find a lawyer ...
Old Jul 5th 2010, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Hello Jaj
Thanks for your reply and....and your advise.
I saw that "fly away" has had some experience with begin a 475 Visa Holder and working self employed. Can I contact her this person directly? That is what I was trying to do when I posted my information there.
Excuse me for this error.
I am sure there are many people who have been in this situation.
I have seen from the Visa forms we received that to qualify for PR have to work at least 1 year ...also self employed. I want to inform myself before I leave to Australia
Excuse my seeming naivety
Warm regards
Paul
Old Jul 27th 2010, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Cenzo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paul Down Under
Hello Jaj
Thanks for your reply and....and your advise.
I saw that "fly away" has had some experience with begin a 475 Visa Holder and working self employed. Can I contact her this person directly? That is what I was trying to do when I posted my information there.
Excuse me for this error.
I am sure there are many people who have been in this situation.
I have seen from the Visa forms we received that to qualify for PR have to work at least 1 year ...also self employed. I want to inform myself before I leave to Australia
Excuse my seeming naivety
Warm regards
Paul
Hi Paul
Not sure how helpful this is, but here goes anyway. I am presuming that your intention is to eventually apply for an 887 residency visa, upon completing qualifying conditions of 475..?
I was told; (Relative to 475 specifically)
1) Working interstate, you would need to "log your time not working in designated area, this to be taken away from your required minimum 1yr".
2) "DIAC do not monitor Quantas flights and as such would not actually know if you were simply working from home".
3) Having a Ltd registered in designated area (whilst working interstate) has "no real bearing on your requirement to fulfil the 1 yr working requirement, that is still required" and
"it all depends on the case officer dealing with your case" , "Its a grey area"

To be honest, these answers were given to me verbally and sometimes when you contact the DIAC hotlines you get a differing slant, depending on who might speak to.

I am being offered positions that are outside my designated area, for my area of speciality. But am like you presented with the known 475 qualifying criteria.

I'm now wondering if there is a PR route, via company sponsorship, via 475.

Anyway, be glad to hear of updates you have.

All the best Cenzo

Last edited by Cenzo; Jul 27th 2010 at 2:02 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 9:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Cenzo
Hi Paul
Not sure how helpful this is, but here goes anyway. I am presuming that your intention is to eventually apply for an 887 residency visa, upon completing qualifying conditions of 475..?
I was told; (Relative to 475 specifically)
1) Working interstate, you would need to "log your time not working in designated area, this to be taken away from your required minimum 1yr".
2) "DIAC do not monitor Quantas flights and as such would not actually know if you were simply working from home".
3) Having a Ltd registered in designated area (whilst working interstate) has "no real bearing on your requirement to fulfil the 1 yr working requirement, that is still required" and
"it all depends on the case officer dealing with your case" , "Its a grey area"

To be honest, these answers were given to me verbally and sometimes when you contact the DIAC hotlines you get a differing slant, depending on who might speak to.

I am being offered positions that are outside my designated area, for my area of speciality. But am like you presented with the known 475 qualifying criteria.

I'm now wondering if there is a PR route, via company sponsorship, via 475.

Anyway, be glad to hear of updates you have.

All the best Cenzo
Hello Cenzo
Thanks for your tips.
Yes fully intending to go permanent!
My plan is to set up a PTY in my designated area and receive a payroll form that company....but the company will be most probably be contracted itself to work in the Metropolitan areas that are "off-limits"....I guess I will have to see a lawyer about any potential "dangers"
Warmest
P