VISA 176 vs 475+887

Old May 14th 2009, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

chaiwatts is an unknown quantity at this point
Question VISA 176 vs 475+887

Hi guys, I'm a new member here. I've just submitted docs to vetassess for skill assessment a few days ago intending to continue on subclass 176 offshore should the assessment result come out positively which I'm quite confident so. I've believed all along that 176 had been my best option until suggested today by an agent in Aus that I'd better go for 475 and then continue on 887 later. My brother (aus citizen) will be sponsoring me for my application, and I can get upto 100 points with no problem.

Now, I'm confused which route I shall step forward, either going for 176 in one shot or taking a contour on 475+887? How would the two options compare? What factor should I take in to consideration? Can anyone give me some advice please?
Old May 14th 2009, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

wijay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VISA 176 vs 475+887

Hi
176 will give you right to live permanently in Oz straight away.
475 is provisional visa. You have to live in the state that sponsor you or where your sponsor lives for two years, before you apply for permanent residency through 887.

Regards
Wijay
Old May 15th 2009, 5:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wijay
Hi
176 will give you right to live permanently in Oz straight away.
475 is provisional visa. You have to live in the state that sponsor you or where your sponsor lives for two years, before you apply for permanent residency through 887.

Regards
Wijay
Thanks wijay for your explanation of both the visa types. Actually, I know the definition of them but what I don't understand was that why people would go for 475 and not 176 if they were eligible to do so. In other words, I just don't know the merit of taking 475 instead of 176.
Old May 15th 2009, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Hi
I think for 176 you need to have 120 points, while 475 only 100 points. I think everybody will want to have 176 if they could. Like me, I applied for 475 because I only have 100 points, and also my occupation was not in the 176 list.

Regards
Wijay
Old May 15th 2009, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I think for 176 you need to have 120 points, while 475 only 100 points. I think everybody will want to have 176 if they could. Like me, I applied for 475 because I only have 100 points, and also my occupation was not in the 176 list.

Regards
Wijay
No you only need 100 points for the 176. I have had a read around, but have so far not found any reason why somebody would apply for a 475 when they could get a 176. To OP, could the agent you spoke to not advise on this?
Old May 15th 2009, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
No you only need 100 points for the 176. I have had a read around, but have so far not found any reason why somebody would apply for a 475 when they could get a 176. To OP, could the agent you spoke to not advise on this?
Oops sorry. Probably the only reason would be that state, at least SA, will have two list of occupation to sponsor. We did not eligible for 176 list, so we applied for 475. And I am happy to say we got the visa today.

regards
Old May 15th 2009, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Actually, I didn't speak to them myself. I got the info from my brother who will be my sponsor. In my own opinion, I believe getting a 475 granted is likely to spend less time than waiting for 176. That's why people go for 475 since I've seen some even holding 475 still applied for 176. Am I right?
Old Jun 4th 2009, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Thrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant future

I read a confusing bit of blurb from the visa website

At the time you apply for this visa, you must meet all of the following requirements:

all applicants are in Australia and hold eligible visas
you have lived for at least two years in a Specified Regional Area
you have worked full–time for at least one year in a Specified Regional Area
you have paid the correct visa application fee
you have lodged your:

paper application (form 1276) with the Adelaide Skilled Processing centre (ASPC)

or

online application (eVisa) with the Brisbane Skilled Processing Centre (BSPC).

You must make sure that you can meet these requirements at the time you lodge your application. If your application does not meet the minimum requirements, either:

you will not be considered as having made an application, which means your papers and any monies paid will be returned to you
or
your application will be refused.

never heard of the bit I highlighted in bold, whats the deal??
Old Jun 6th 2009, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

Thrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant future

bump
Old Jun 6th 2009, 2:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thrud
I read a confusing bit of blurb from the visa website

At the time you apply for this visa, you must meet all of the following requirements:

all applicants are in Australia and hold eligible visas
you have lived for at least two years in a Specified Regional Area
you have worked full–time for at least one year in a Specified Regional Area
you have paid the correct visa application fee
you have lodged your:

paper application (form 1276) with the Adelaide Skilled Processing centre (ASPC)

or

online application (eVisa) with the Brisbane Skilled Processing Centre (BSPC).

You must make sure that you can meet these requirements at the time you lodge your application. If your application does not meet the minimum requirements, either:

you will not be considered as having made an application, which means your papers and any monies paid will be returned to you
or
your application will be refused.

never heard of the bit I highlighted in bold, whats the deal??
I don't get your point - you either have to file the application on paper with one office or e-file with the other. Until this is done the application isn't valid. Thats always been the case.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Janaka is on a distinguished road

Oops sorry. Probably the only reason would be that state, at least SA, will have two list of occupation to sponsor. We did not eligible for 176 list, so we applied for 475. And I am happy to say we got the visa today.

regards
HI

Plz let me know whn did u apply