Victoria State Sponsorship - how long??!!

Old Jan 19th 2009, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

nickynush will become famous soon enough
Default Victoria State Sponsorship - how long??!!

Hi

We applied for Victoria State Sponsorship on 14th November. Our application was acknowledged on 2nd December and on 11th December we were asked to submit a signed declaration and give our reasons for choosing Victoria. We did this and had another email back on 23rd December thanking us for our response and saying " Thank you for your email explaining your preference for Victoria and your declaration. It sounds like you've been doing lots of research and I think you've made a wise decision (although I may be somewhat biased, being a Victorian!). We have updated your file and will let you know of the outcome once a decision has been made. "

I asked for an update on 30th December and received their response yesterday "Thank you for your emails regarding the progress of your state sponsorship application.

We are currently dealing with a backlog in applications and correspondence which is causing a delay in our responses to enquiry emails.

We have not yet sent an outcome on your application to you. Currently, your application is being assessed by our Industry Panel - this can take up to ten weeks - and we will contact you to advise on the outcome as soon as a decision has been made."

I'm beginning to get a little worried now - if they say no then we've "lost" 2-3 months. Also, OH skill was removed from the list on 12th Jan, though they have said applications submitted before 12th Jan will be assessed based on the previous list. However, if we are being assessed by an industry panel could they decide that there is no current demand for OH trade and so refuse us?

Has anyone else had to wait this long? Has anyone been refused?

I guess I'm just seeking reassurance. When we got the TRA result in Nov I thought state sponsorship would be the easy bit and we'd have our visa application in by Xmas

Nicky x
Old Jan 19th 2009, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

slippery30 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Victoria State Sponsorship - how long??!!

Originally Posted by nickynush
Hi

We applied for Victoria State Sponsorship on 14th November. Our application was acknowledged on 2nd December and on 11th December we were asked to submit a signed declaration and give our reasons for choosing Victoria. We did this and had another email back on 23rd December thanking us for our response and saying " Thank you for your email explaining your preference for Victoria and your declaration. It sounds like you've been doing lots of research and I think you've made a wise decision (although I may be somewhat biased, being a Victorian!). We have updated your file and will let you know of the outcome once a decision has been made. "

I asked for an update on 30th December and received their response yesterday "Thank you for your emails regarding the progress of your state sponsorship application.

We are currently dealing with a backlog in applications and correspondence which is causing a delay in our responses to enquiry emails.

We have not yet sent an outcome on your application to you. Currently, your application is being assessed by our Industry Panel - this can take up to ten weeks - and we will contact you to advise on the outcome as soon as a decision has been made."

I'm beginning to get a little worried now - if they say no then we've "lost" 2-3 months. Also, OH skill was removed from the list on 12th Jan, though they have said applications submitted before 12th Jan will be assessed based on the previous list. However, if we are being assessed by an industry panel could they decide that there is no current demand for OH trade and so refuse us?

I guess I'm just seeking reassurance. When we got the TRA result in Nov I thought state sponsorship would be the easy bit and we'd have our visa application in by Xmas

Nicky x
given the current priority processing criterion....everyone is applying for state sponsorship...so the waiting times are gonna get longer and longer...thanks to the minister now applicants have to face three queues..1) skill assessment..2) state sponsorship and last but not the least DIAC queue.....

U r in for a long wait...wellcome to the community...we all are in it togeather
Old Jan 19th 2009, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Victoria State Sponsorship - how long??!!

Originally Posted by nickynush
Hi

Nicky x
Hello Nicky!
This is really taking much time but hope to get a positive result soon. As I told you in another forum, my application took 7 weeks and at the last day before it approves, I made a call to them and they told me to wait for 2-3 more weeks but I got the confirmation mail on the next working day!
Again wishing you good luck!!

Safaet