Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

-VETASSESSdo I need to provide my pre-secondary and secondary certificates

-VETASSESSdo I need to provide my pre-secondary and secondary certificates

Old Dec 20th 2005, 2:24 am
Just Joined

marineboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default -VETASSESSdo I need to provide my pre-secondary and secondary certificates

hi all,

the VEATASSESS form has a section for primary & secondary education.
Is it okey if I just fill in the informations or do I have to provide certicates for my primary schooling and secondary education also.

I thought that I had to provide my post-secondar qualifications certificates only.

thanks
Old Dec 20th 2005, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: -VETASSESSdo I need to provide my pre-secondary and secondary certificates

Originally Posted by marineboy
hi all,

the VEATASSESS form has a section for primary & secondary education.
Is it okey if I just fill in the informations or do I have to provide certicates for my primary schooling and secondary education also.

I thought that I had to provide my post-secondar qualifications certificates only.

thanks
No need to provide your primary and secondary schooling certs.

Regards

Tony
Old Dec 20th 2005, 7:47 am
Mick_newcastle

Default Re: -VETASSESSdo I need to provide my pre-secondary and secondary certificates

> hi all,
    > the VEATASSESS form has a section for primary & secondary education.
    > Is it okey if I just fill in the informations or do I have to provide
    > certicates for my primary schooling and secondary education also.
    > I thought that I had to provide my post-secondar qualifications
    > certificates only.
    > thanks
    > --

Tony - Do I assume that A-level Certificates need not be submitted ?

Kind of a grey area when It comes to A-levels since some people
study these at College and others within the Secondary SChool (e.g.
Sixth Form).

--
Posted via http://expatforums.com

Old Dec 20th 2005, 10:11 am
Just Joined

thank you Tony.
one more thing- do I have to submit my medical while I lodge my application to DIMIA or is it afterwards when DIMIA asks for it?

thanks again.

Marineboy

Originally Posted by welshtony
No need to provide your primary and secondary schooling certs.

Regards

Tony
Old Dec 20th 2005, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mick_newcastle
    > hi all,
    > the VEATASSESS form has a section for primary & secondary education.
    > Is it okey if I just fill in the informations or do I have to provide
    > certicates for my primary schooling and secondary education also.
    > I thought that I had to provide my post-secondar qualifications
    > certificates only.
    > thanks
    > --

Tony - Do I assume that A-level Certificates need not be submitted ?

Kind of a grey area when It comes to A-levels since some people
study these at College and others within the Secondary SChool (e.g.
Sixth Form).

--
Posted via http://expatforums.com
If you have a straight-forward UK academic qualification that you know to be equivalent to the Australian Diploma or Australian Degree, there is no need to provide your A level results.

Tony
Old Dec 20th 2005, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

thank you Tony.
one more thing- do I have to submit my medical while I lodge my application to DIMIA or is it afterwards when DIMIA asks for it?

thanks again.

Marineboy
Assuming you are applying for an off-shore visa, there is no need to do medicals at this stage. Applications are taking 6 months and increasing, before they are assessed and about 3.5 months for priority cases (MODL 137/139). With medicals only valid for 12 months (and sometimes only 6 months) it is better to wait until you are requested to do them OR, if you want to do them early at your own risk, do them about 2 months after lodgement for priority case and 4 months after lodging a non-priority case. You will have your file reference number at this stage.

Regards

Tony
Old Dec 20th 2005, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Thanks again Tony.

I will be a 139er and hope my UK MSc and HND would be okey for a 50 points occupation I am choosing.

thanks

Marineboy

Originally Posted by welshtony
Assuming you are applying for an off-shore visa, there is no need to do medicals at this stage. Applications are taking 6 months and increasing, before they are assessed and about 3.5 months for priority cases (MODL 137/139). With medicals only valid for 12 months (and sometimes only 6 months) it is better to wait until you are requested to do them OR, if you want to do them early at your own risk, do them about 2 months after lodgement for priority case and 4 months after lodging a non-priority case. You will have your file reference number at this stage.

Regards

Tony
Old Dec 20th 2005, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks again Tony.

I will be a 139er and hope my UK MSc and HND would be okey for a 50 points occupation I am choosing.

thanks

Marineboy
Sounds like no problem, however if you have an Engineering HND, the IEA assessment under Sydney accord is just as easy as VETASSESS and maybe a bit quicker for a 60 point Engineering Technologist classification.

Tony