VETASSESS Skills Assessment

Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:03 am
Just Joined

pom_in_NZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VETASSESS Skills Assessment

Hi,

I am hoping someone can give me an answer to my query.

I received my Positive Skills Assessment by VETASSESS in November 2008 but I never made a visa application due to change of circumstances back then. Now I'm planning to try my 2nd attempt when this new changes effect on 1st July - SKills Select.

Will it still be valid now or would I need to re-apply and start afresh?? I can see it's a lot of money for getting the assessment done!

Thanks,
Claire
Old Jun 11th 2012, 5:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VETASSESS Skills Assessment

Originally Posted by pom_in_NZ
Hi,

I am hoping someone can give me an answer to my query.

I received my Positive Skills Assessment by VETASSESS in November 2008 but I never made a visa application due to change of circumstances back then. Now I'm planning to try my 2nd attempt when this new changes effect on 1st July - SKills Select.

Will it still be valid now or would I need to re-apply and start afresh?? I can see it's a lot of money for getting the assessment done!

Thanks,
Claire
There isn't an expiry date so it is still valid.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 2:37 am
Just Joined

pom_in_NZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VETASSESS Skills Assessment

Hi there,

I emailed VETASSESS to query my question and this is the response I got:

Dear Claire,

Generaly speaking, when you apply to The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC), you will need to apply for your visa under the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations system (ANZSCO), but DIAC will accept your Australian Standard Classification of Occupations (ASCO) assessment, as long as there is a matching ASCO – ANZSCO code (ASCO-ANZSCO mapping table).

However, as you have been assessed under the previous assessment criteria (qualifications only), you will need to contact the DIAC in order to confirm if the will accept your Qualification Assessment or if you are required to apply for a Skills Assessment under the current assessment criteria (qualification and employment).

Visa Inquiries line 131881
Citizenship Inquiries line 131880
www.immi.gov.au

For more information regarding the ANZSCO system, please see the following websites:

DIAC’s website http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/anzsco-introduction.htm
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) website www.abs.gov.au

I hope this has helped you. If you need further assistance, please contact us again at [email protected]

For more information regarding our assessments, please click the link below

• Read our frequently asked questions

Regards,
I’m confused now! The one I have already got is a Positive Skills Assessment based on a nominated occupation and I still want to try for the same occupation. I am wondering if DIAC will still accept my current one for the Skill Select will takes effect on 1st July??

Thanks,
Claire