Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Vetassess /Skillassess came back as negative.

Vetassess /Skillassess came back as negative.

Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

ubdai will become famous soon enoughubdai will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Vetassess /Skillassess came back as negative.

Had the result back today. Negative

What options do I have now. Is it worth appealing.

Can't believe it, all jobs I've ever had have come off the back off the quals that they just turned down (It was good enough for the UAE and KSA).

I guess I will have to find a sponsor now. Anyone know of any other routes.

A down in the dumps prospective migrant.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

TandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Vetassess /Skillassess came back as negative.

What a bummer. Can I ask what occupation you nominated? What degree skills do you have? Regardless of your work experience, is there something on the occupations in demand list which closer matches your qualifications?
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TandC23
What a bummer. Can I ask what occupation you nominated? What degree skills do you have? Regardless of your work experience, is there something on the occupations in demand list which closer matches your qualifications?
Trying to get in with 3121-15 Surveying and Cartographic Associate.
No degree but a HND equivalent college certificate in Surveying and CAD. This has been used for all my previous job applications.

This was advised as my best route by a previous posting where sister sponsorship was a possibility (this didn't work) so was trying for local government sponsorship route instead.

Thanks
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:55 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ubdai
Trying to get in with 3121-15 Surveying and Cartographic Associate.
No degree but a HND equivalent college certificate in Surveying and CAD. This has been used for all my previous job applications.

This was advised as my best route by a previous posting where sister sponsorship was a possibility (this didn't work) so was trying for local government sponsorship route instead.

Thanks
Dear UBDai,

I would be checking with Vetassess as to why your HND equivalent wasn't an HND equivalent. Any chance of getting an agent to check your situation? Obviously DIY has had its perils.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:12 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Had the result back today. Negative

What options do I have now. Is it worth appealing.

Can't believe it, all jobs I've ever had have come off the back off the quals that they just turned down (It was good enough for the UAE and KSA).

I guess I will have to find a sponsor now. Anyone know of any other routes.

A down in the dumps prospective migrant.
Ah Ubdai. Sorry to hear that. As George suggests please contact Vetassess to see why they didn't recognise your qualification.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Is it a 40, 50 or 60 point occupation you're going for? As I had a HND and they said that it would only be accepted for a 40 point occupation, for 50 or 60 points, a degree would be needed.

That's how I understood it anyway.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by xzibit
Is it a 40, 50 or 60 point occupation you're going for? As I had a HND and they said that it would only be accepted for a 40 point occupation, for 50 or 60 points, a degree would be needed.

That's how I understood it anyway.
From the DIAC website its a 40 point occuaption. I can't see what the problem would be.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

fairydust300980 is on a distinguished road

I failed a Vetassess assessment last year because a UK diploma isn't equivelant to a Oz Diploma (It's a certificate apparently) so i now have an Oz Diploma too. This might be the same case, but Vetassess were able to tell me specifically why it failed when i called them so give that a try.

Good luck.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fairydust300980
I failed a Vetassess assessment last year because a UK diploma isn't equivelant to a Oz Diploma (It's a certificate apparently) so i now have an Oz Diploma too. This might be the same case, but Vetassess were able to tell me specifically why it failed when i called them so give that a try.

Good luck.
I take it you did the Oz diploma by distance learning, if so, who did you use.

Cheers
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

hottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nice

Curious, what is the actual qualification that you think is equivalent to a HND? Some quals were downgraded to only be equivalent to HNC, especially if they were studied part-time.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

I take it you did the Oz diploma by distance learning, if so, who did you use.

Cheers
yes there is a training centre based in Cairnes called AOT and i did an AQF Diploma in Project management (Im a Buyer/Project coordinator) My husband is on the verge of finishing a Diploma in business too.

It wasn't practical for either of us to go back to full time study, and to be honest i think part time would be a struggle too so this was a perfect solution for us.

I am still awaiting my Vetasees results though, i hope before the end of Feb. I did get the Qual and Training organisation check out before i started the course.

Fairy
Old Jan 30th 2009, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fairydust300980
yes there is a training centre based in Cairnes called AOT and i did an AQF Diploma in Project management (Im a Buyer/Project coordinator) My husband is on the verge of finishing a Diploma in business too.

It wasn't practical for either of us to go back to full time study, and to be honest i think part time would be a struggle too so this was a perfect solution for us.

I am still awaiting my Vetasees results though, i hope before the end of Feb. I did get the Qual and Training organisation check out before i started the course.

Fairy
Scrap that, just checked the Vetassess website and my stsus is positive, such a relief. I know it's a bit early but it's the furthest we have got, it's been a long time coming it's 18 months since my first assessment came back negative.
This hopefully means my husbands should be posative too.

Hope you find a way forward.
Fairy

Old Jan 30th 2009, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Smile Maybe some joy..

Its a bit of a buggers muddle. The course i did was run by TEC (technician education council) and paid for by the government. It was known as HTNT (higher technology national training). Later merged into BTEC.

BTEC was formed in 1984 from the Business Education Council (BEC) and the Technician Education Council (TEC). In 1996, University of London Examinations & Assessment Council (ULEAC) and BTEC merged to form Edexcel.

I have been onto the BTEC dept. of Edexcel (good or bad thing given their press coverage) and they are looking into it. The problem I have is my training provider does not appear on www.accreditedqualifications.org.uk because it is a defunct agency, so the aussie skillaccess centre has been beaten by previous UK governments who introduce and replace /remove previous training and education schemes.

Still praying some joy may come out of this fiasco.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

hottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nice

Was your course full or part time?

If part time then I would imagine the HTNT would be classified as the same as a HNC rather than a HND. HNC's were initially the same level as HND but now class as a little lower.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hottroc
Was your course full or part time?

If part time then I would imagine the HTNT would be classified as the same as a HNC rather than a HND. HNC's were initially the same level as HND but now class as a little lower.
As I remember it, it covered the HND syllabus(2yrs) but was compressed into a 1 year study period.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.