VETASSESS question

Old Oct 19th 2006, 12:06 am
Just Joined

Canada Southbound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VETASSESS question

I've been looking through VETASSESS and various stuff about it. Is it correct that I would have to choose what category my profession falls under myself, and then submit my app. to see if it qualifies for that? Thanks for replies.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:26 pm
K&M
Just Joined

K&M is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VETASSESS question

Hi there
You are completely correct. I have an honours degree in psychology and I submitted an application for Child Care co-ordinator and was accepted. Although I have been doing work in that field for a while now, they would not know that as they do not look at experience at all, only qualifications. So even though psychology and child care are a few poles apart, they still said my qualifications were fine to work in that field.
Hope that helps,
Megan
Old Oct 21st 2006, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

Glenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to all
Default Re: VETASSESS question

Originally Posted by K&M
Hi there
You are completely correct. I have an honours degree in psychology and I submitted an application for Child Care co-ordinator and was accepted. Although I have been doing work in that field for a while now, they would not know that as they do not look at experience at all, only qualifications. So even though psychology and child care are a few poles apart, they still said my qualifications were fine to work in that field.
Hope that helps,
Megan
The Vetassess process is a "qualification assessment" rather than a "skill assessment" and is concerned only with the equivalent Australian qualification level of an applicant's qualification because the ASCO descriptors for the classifications Vetassess deals with do not entail vocationally specific qualifications but rather only the level of qualifications.

Hence also the need for the applicant to identify the classification for which they want to be assessed, because that is not necessarily indicated by the qualification(s) being assessed.