VETASSESS delays

Old Apr 10th 2010, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

mrsjotaylor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VETASSESS delays

Gah!

We are in the early stages of applying for a SS176 visa with WA and sent off our paperwork to VETASSESS in early March (2nd) for the husband's Geology degree and careers to date to be assessed. I have yet to hear from them in formal acknowledgement and this has got me a bit worried.

I understand if there are delays with processing applications however, our online status says VETASSES is still seeking all of the paperwork which was sent over in March.

Has anyone else experienced these dalays with VETASSESS specifically? Also is there any chance the whole process is being delayed until the Minister announces his changes at the end of the month?

Cheers in advance!
Old Apr 10th 2010, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

mrsjotaylor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VETASSESS delays

ok now, having read the last five or six pages of this thread I am mildly confused about MODL Vs SOL....what's the difference??? I swear, I thought I had this all sorted out in my head before applying to VETASSESS....

Also another VETASSESS question: we supplied a lot of paperwork to prove my husband's most recent job (from which he was made redundent in Dec). For four out of the last five years he's worked as a geologist for an environmental firm in Dublin. We supplied a couple of paychecks, letters from the company and a reference.

Before that he was a rigger in France (hmmmm riggers...) and we didn't supply evidence for this as it's not strictly a geology role and we figured they were assessing the most recent job. If they require proof of the rigger role will they ask for it or will the evidence for the first job be enough.

I suppose my biggest fear is that they just wont bother letting us know what further information they need, reject us and we'll be left spending another $500 on another application....

Sorry for being soooo annoying.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Ozzieland is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mrsjotaylor
ok now, having read the last five or six pages of this thread I am mildly confused about MODL Vs SOL....what's the difference??? I swear, I thought I had this all sorted out in my head before applying to VETASSESS....

Also another VETASSESS question: we supplied a lot of paperwork to prove my husband's most recent job (from which he was made redundent in Dec). For four out of the last five years he's worked as a geologist for an environmental firm in Dublin. We supplied a couple of paychecks, letters from the company and a reference.

Before that he was a rigger in France (hmmmm riggers...) and we didn't supply evidence for this as it's not strictly a geology role and we figured they were assessing the most recent job. If they require proof of the rigger role will they ask for it or will the evidence for the first job be enough.

I suppose my biggest fear is that they just wont bother letting us know what further information they need, reject us and we'll be left spending another $500 on another application....

Sorry for being soooo annoying.
Vetassess are taking time to process. Mine took approx 3 and a half months but mine was unusual. I had applied mid Nov 09 and by end Dec 09, I received a request for an additional document. After submitting the additional doc, I received the Assessment in Feb 10 only to find an error which took them a month to rectify. Dont worry, if they need any more information, they will request for the same. You should hear from them anytime now.

MODL does not exist any more. It was the Migration Occupations in Demand List. SOL is the short form of Skills Occupations List.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

A new SOL list is due out on 30th April 2010 which will basically replace MODL,CSL and the old SOL.