Vetassess

Old Sep 11th 2009, 9:15 am
Just Joined

thegodplato is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vetassess

Having looked at trying to get my skills assessed by Engineers Australia and realising maybe my skills / experiences won't give me a pass, can anyone tell me if Vetassess are any easier?
This maybe a daft question but do we def have to have our skills assessed by someone prior to actually applying for a 175/176, etc?
Also, another daft question but I have read somewhere that as a UK passport holder I don't need to sit the IELTS test but does that mean I get 25 points then and not 15??
Old Sep 11th 2009, 9:23 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vetassess

Originally Posted by thegodplato
Having looked at trying to get my skills assessed by Engineers Australia and realising maybe my skills / experiences won't give me a pass, can anyone tell me if Vetassess are any easier?
This maybe a daft question but do we def have to have our skills assessed by someone prior to actually applying for a 175/176, etc?
Also, another daft question but I have read somewhere that as a UK passport holder I don't need to sit the IELTS test but does that mean I get 25 points then and not 15??
You can have your skills assessed by Vetassess but be aware that your skills assessment will be for a 50 or 40 point occupation which will not be on MODL or CSL. (Unless it's a 2 part trade like bricklaying)

For the english bit, you are automatically awarded 15 points for holding a UK passport. If you want to claim 25 you must sit IELTS and score >7 in each of the 4 bands.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all

Hi

My husband went through Vetassess and got the full 60 points for Carpenter and joiner, so would check about the points for your particular trade.

Yes, you will need to pass this before lodging your app, as they ask for the date of completion and proof.

You do not need to sit the English test if UK passport holder, but if you are low on points it will bump it up a little.

Hope some help!

Last edited by Soapsudsue; Sep 17th 2009 at 2:16 pm. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Sep 17th 2009, 10:20 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Soapsudsue
Hi

My husband went through Vetassess and got the full 60 points for Carpenter and joiner, so would check about the points for your particular trade.

Yes, you will need to pass this before lodging your app, as they ask for the date of completion and proof.

You do not need to sit the English test if UK passport holder, but if you are low on points it will bump it up a little.

Hope some help!
The trades assessments done through Vetassess are usually 60 point occupations, but the other assessments, such as those for engineers are not. They are either 50 or 60 points.