Vetassess ?

Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all
Default Vetassess ?

Hi,
I've started looking into starting the migration process. I'm trying to get the skilled visa, i'm a bricky.
I registered for a vetassess online assessment, filled in all of the stages except the payment bit for now until i check eveything is correct.
Am i right in thinking that, this is just for my qualifications and i still have to do something similar to the TRA. It's that i haven't noticed many people talking about the TRAs mentioning the vetassess. Have you already been through this stage or are you not going on a skilled visa ?
I'd appreciate if anyone can keep me right.

Thanks
Steve.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:45 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Vetassess ?

Originally Posted by pazza
Hi,
I've started looking into starting the migration process. I'm trying to get the skilled visa, i'm a bricky.
I registered for a vetassess online assessment, filled in all of the stages except the payment bit for now until i check eveything is correct.
Am i right in thinking that, this is just for my qualifications and i still have to do something similar to the TRA. It's that i haven't noticed many people talking about the TRAs mentioning the vetassess. Have you already been through this stage or are you not going on a skilled visa ?

Thanks
Steve.
You do either vetasses or TRA depends on your occupation as to which body deals with it
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all

Cheers Paul,
I was lead to believe that with me being self-employed, this was road to go down.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all

Until someone who knows comes along - some occupations were moved from TRA to VETASSESS recently. So whilst others might be talking about TRA, if they are talking about before Sept 07, then they were getting their skills approved by TRA, whereas now it would be VETASSESS. The best place to have a look is the immigration board, and maybe use the search facility. Apologies, but as we are applying on a small amount of points office job (wish I was a plumber), I've never bothered understanding the whole TRA thing.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks,
So anyone who is applying for their TRA after Sept. 2007, are now applying for their VETASSESS. Is it just in the name or is it a different assessment altogether.

Last edited by pazza; Jan 27th 2008 at 8:37 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:38 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,
So anyone who is applying for their TRA after Sept. 2007, are now appling for their VETASSESS. Is it just in the name or is it a different assessment altogether.
its a different assesment body altogether

This new skills assessment service applies only to residents* of:

India, Sri Lanka, the United Kingdom, South Africa and the Philippines who wish to have their skills assessed for the General Skilled Migration programme in one of the following trade occupations:
general electrician [4311-11]
general plumber [4431-11]
refrigeration and air-conditioning mechanic [4312-11]
motor mechanic [4211-11]
carpenter and joiner [4411-11]
carpenter[4411-13]
joiner [4411-15]
electrical powerline tradesperson [4313-11]
cable jointer [4313-13]
bricklayer [4414-11]
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Steve o,

How is it different to the TRA ? As a Bricky it looks like the Vetassess route.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:55 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Steve o,

How is it different to the TRA ? As a Bricky it looks like the Vetassess route.
in essence most of its very similar, with vettessas adding a practical skills exam ( this didnt happen under the TRA route )

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...entservice.htm

so you need to prove your skills on paper city & guilds, apprentiship etc then do the practical

make sure in your paperwork that you cover the basics of a tradesperson
ie the ability to

read drawings and specifications
accuratley measure and order the gear
the work its self ( explain as you would to a first year apprentice )
and testing and certification thats required
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers Steve'o
I've just been reading about the practical i've got to do, and apparently there's one in Accrington (who are they, exactly) in April 7th-12th. So if i'm going to catch this date there's going to be some headache paperwork to get ready before then. But hopefully it'll all be worth it.
Do you know of any brickies who has been on this practical assessment. I guess it'll be like a Skills Test we had to do just before i came out of my apprenticeship.

Thanks again
Steve.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:23 pm
Worongary

Cheers Steve'o
I've just been reading about the practical i've got to do, and apparently there's one in Accrington (who are they, exactly) in April 7th-12th. So if i'm going to catch this date there's going to be some headache paperwork to get ready before then. But hopefully it'll all be worth it.
Do you know of any brickies who has been on this practical assessment. I guess it'll be like a Skills Test we had to do just before i came out of my apprenticeship.

Thanks again
Steve.
no the vettessas is brand new so your probably going to be in the first batch of practical tests ( providing you get your paperwork done asap )
i`d also try and get hold of aston man he`s a brickie on here and should be able to give you some valueable info

http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=53484

asts info
Old Apr 4th 2008, 5:32 pm
general electrician

shadymatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Post general electrician

hi steve.

i am shady matt from to india
now i'm thinking about my qualifications as a electrician, so i will put up my PR filr to australia, so let me know that, what can i do, i mean general electrician or special class electrician, i am some dool in electrical line, but i don't give any kind of practical in vetassess or TRA, please tell me about that metter of electrician, go for the australia.

and what they will ask me about my practical test, give me some suggestions.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Cheers Steve'o

Thanks again
Steve.
hi

sorry but you'll not make the april practical. the closing date was 26th febuary.
when you pass the paper part you'll prob be able to do the next practical in july.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:15 pm
ann
Forum Regular

ann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really nice

Originally Posted by camacazi
hi

sorry but you'll not make the april practical. the closing date was 26th febuary.
when you pass the paper part you'll prob be able to do the next practical in july.
sorry to change the subject a little how about the assesment of an office manager???
Old Apr 5th 2008, 3:09 pm
general electrician

shadymatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thanks
Steve.
hi steve.

i am shady matt from to india

now i'm thinking about my qualifications as a electrician, so i will put up my PR filr to australia, so let me know that, what can i do, i mean general electrician or special class electrician, i am some dool in electrical line, but i don't give any kind of practical in vetassess or TRA, please tell me about that metter of electrician, go for the australia.

and what they will ask me about my practical test, give me some suggestions.