Very confused

Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

kainic is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Very confused

Hi I am looking for some hell! We want to immigrate to Oz thinking of doing it for years, finally going to take the big step. I have lots of questions, I hope someone can help. I had a look on the imigov site and looked at the application but seems really complicated. Can anyone recommend a reasonable agency. Do I start to apply for jobs now? Please help very confused.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 8:13 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Very confused

sorry can't resist
you wiill get plenty of hell emigrating enjoy

work out which visa you want as the first step
Old Jan 31st 2010, 2:07 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kainic
Hi I am looking for some hell! We want to immigrate to Oz thinking of doing it for years, finally going to take the big step. I have lots of questions, I hope someone can help. I had a look on the imigov site and looked at the application but seems really complicated. Can anyone recommend a reasonable agency. Do I start to apply for jobs now? Please help very confused.
no need to apply for jobs, when some visas take over a year to be processed. If your skill is in high demand and you will be able to find an employer willing to sponsor you for a permanent residency under Employer Nomination Scheme, that could be the quickest, but trickiest (in finding an employer part) way to immigrate. Have you checked the visa wizard on the immi site yet?
Old Jan 31st 2010, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

wanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant future

We used Visa Go in Edinburgh (www.Visa-go.com)and were granted a PR visa 11 months after our initial vist with them. There is a migration show at Glasgow SECC on 13 & 14 March, and Visa Go will be there. It may be a good starting point for you to get all your questions answered. Good Luck!
Old Jan 31st 2010, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wanttobedownunder
We used Visa Go in Edinburgh (www.Visa-go.com)and were granted a PR visa 11 months after our initial vist with them. There is a migration show at Glasgow SECC on 13 & 14 March, and Visa Go will be there. It may be a good starting point for you to get all your questions answered. Good Luck!
Thanks we will be going in March. I will give them a call. Did you look for jobs before you left.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by asher
sorry can't resist
you wiill get plenty of hell emigrating enjoy

work out which visa you want as the first step
We are applying for the skilled working visa
Old Jan 31st 2010, 9:13 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

We are applying for the skilled working visa
Then you need to look at www.immi.gov.au and download booklet 6. Your first step is to find your occupation on the SOL then work out which assessing authority does your skills assessment. Gather all the information fo that then apply. Once you have your positive skills assessment you apply for a visa. Current wait times are from 6 months to 3 years, so no sense in applying for jobs if you can't start for 3 years.

Of course speak to a registered migration agent if you have a complicated case or if after readig the booklet you still can't get your head around it. Although, with loads of reading and then more reading most people are able to do it on their own.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 3:29 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone recommend a reasonable agency.

If you want an agent ...
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Regist...gent-Australia
Old Feb 1st 2010, 3:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Thanks for your work on that JAJ, its great! - I've added the link to the top of the forum
Old Feb 5th 2010, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

wanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant future

Thanks we will be going in March. I will give them a call. Did you look for jobs before you left.

I have applied for a couple of jobs via agencies, but I have been informed that unless I am there or can give them a date when I will be there, that my application will not be considered. I get emails from seek.com.au with a list of jobs and there seem to be plenty in sector I would be looking for (IT). Our house is on the market and as soon as it sells we will be moving to Oz. Fingers crossed we won't be out of jobs for too long after getting there.