Verification Question

Old Aug 1st 2010, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

uppalpankaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Verification Question

I have a question regarding Skilled Migration Visa 175/176.

Can the verification of an applicant be done by an employer who is closely related to the applicant?

I mean if the applicant satisfies all the criteria but has been working under an employer closely related to him/her, so does the applicant-employer personal relation matter to the DIAC during the verification checks?

Thanks.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

zishan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Verification Question

Originally Posted by uppalpankaj
I have a question regarding Skilled Migration Visa 175/176.

Can the verification of an applicant be done by an employer who is closely related to the applicant?

I mean if the applicant satisfies all the criteria but has been working under an employer closely related to him/her, so does the applicant-employer personal relation matter to the DIAC during the verification checks?

Thanks.
sometimes DIAC representative will call you on your work office number which you provided. They can talk with your manager about your responsibilities. Personal relations doesn't matter.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

uppalpankaj is an unknown quantity at this point

I checked the requirements and eligibility in the migration booklet and it has not been mentioned anywhere that the applicant cannot be closely related to his/her employer.

However, the family relationship between employer and applicant in this case has to be entered while applying visa online.

Will this cause any sort of problems as the employer from whom verification checks for the applicant will be done is a family member in the extended family?

Please guide.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

zishan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by uppalpankaj
I checked the requirements and eligibility in the migration booklet and it has not been mentioned anywhere that the applicant cannot be closely related to his/her employer.

However, the family relationship between employer and applicant in this case has to be entered while applying visa online.

Will this cause any sort of problems as the employer from whom verification checks for the applicant will be done is a family member in the extended family?

Please guide.
There would be no problem!!!