Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Validity of VETASSESS Assessment - PRE 2010 ASSESSMENT

Validity of VETASSESS Assessment - PRE 2010 ASSESSMENT

Old Jun 27th 2011, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Gypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really nice
Question Validity of VETASSESS Assessment - PRE 2010 ASSESSMENT

Here is the scenario, my sis-in-law got the positive VETASSESS assessment in Oct 2009 (i.e Pre 2010) and she want to know the validity of this assessment.

I did some search work and got the outcome as given below. Can I ask BE mates who knows anything more than this as it is not clear whether 2 year validity is applicable for Pre 2010 assessment.

Thanks in advance
--------------- VETASSESS WEBSITE FAQ -----------
36. What is the expiry date for Skills Assessments under the new process (Post Jan2010)?
All Skills Assessments issued under the new arrangements will have a validity period of two years. The expiry date will be two years from the date of issue of the original Skills Assessment.

37. If my Skills Assessment under the new VETASSESS assessment process expires after I have submitted my application for a permanent residency visa to DIAC, will I need to apply for a new skills assessment from VETASSESS?
No. If you submit your VETASSESS Skills Assessment letter to DIAC before the expiry date on the Skills Assessment, you will not be required to provide another Skills Assessment while you are waiting to have your visa application processed.

Pre -2010 Applicants/Completed Assessment

16. I obtained a successful assessment under the VETASSESS pre – 2010 assessment criteria. Will this still be accepted by DIAC?
VETASSESS changed its assessment criteria for its general occupations on 1 January 2010. VETASSESS understands that DIAC will continue to accept Skills Assessments issued under the VETASSESSS pre-2010 assessment criteria provided that the nominated occupation remains on the Skilled Occupation List and VETASSESS is the designated assessing authority for that occupation.

For further information

http://www.vetassess.com.au/migrate_...qa2_faq.cfm#16

Last edited by Gypsy.; Jun 27th 2011 at 12:27 am.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Gypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really nice
Cool Re: Validity of VETASSESS Assessment - PRE 2010 ASSESSMENT

No replies from BE mates yet. Looks like the details gathered are enough to assume that Pre Jan2010 assessments does not have an expiry date (Valid forever ...)