Validation of Visa

Old May 14th 2008, 9:09 am
Just Joined

hmh1uk is just really nicehmh1uk is just really nicehmh1uk is just really nicehmh1uk is just really nicehmh1uk is just really nicehmh1uk is just really nicehmh1uk is just really nicehmh1uk is just really nice
Question Validation of Visa

Hi there to all.

My OH, myself have been talking about moving to Oz with our kids for a long while now...we had to wait untill he was made redundant (as he gets a nice package from this). Now it has happened we are looking into applying for our visa. I have spent the last 6 months or so on this forum reading, reading and reading just so we have a rough idea on what is expected. So now we have the jist of it.
But i have a (probably daft) question, do we have to validate our visa when we get it or can we just move there, we have no house to sell and don't plan on taking any furniture with us (starting from scratch).
I have the usual concerns that i am sure veryone else had, like will we actually be accepted (hubby is a telecoms engineer) have we any ill health we don't know about . But i am sure this is just a normal case of nerves, (and will get worse as time comes).

Any help on this would be great.

Thank you
Old May 14th 2008, 9:50 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Validation of Visa

When you pass through customs you have validated your visa. Whether you choose to leave on the next plane or never leave again is not of any concern to anyone but you.

We arrived on 13 August 2006 and haven't set foot outside Australia since. We also have no intention of doing so for a very long time. There's far too much to see here before we go elsewhere.
Old May 14th 2008, 9:52 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

We all feel the same until we get the visa!!!
When you finally get it you will be given a first entry date by which time you need to enter Australia (validation date). You can make the move to Australia immediatley if you are able to
If not then you can just visit Australia before this date on a holiday to validate your visa.
Hope i've explained that ok

Good luck with your application
Old May 14th 2008, 9:59 am
Just Joined

hmh1uk is just really nicehmh1uk is just really nicehmh1uk is just really nicehmh1uk is just really nicehmh1uk is just really nicehmh1uk is just really nicehmh1uk is just really nicehmh1uk is just really nice

Oh great, OH will be pleased,
We can't wait.....but i am a lot more impatient than hubby, he has to wait untill his last day of work before we can do anything (they could change their minds).
Thank you for you responses much appreciated
Old May 14th 2008, 10:04 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

My OH was told he was getting made redundant in Dec06 so we got the ball rolling & applied June 07. His finishing date was Oct07 but they asked him to stay on for another 8 months! Our visa was granted Feb 08 & his finish date now is June 27th!!!! Funny thing now is he has asked for a 2 month extension cos our house hasn't sold yet
I wonder if we'll ever get there
Old May 14th 2008, 10:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tawkins1
My OH was told he was getting made redundant in Dec06 so we got the ball rolling & applied June 07. His finishing date was Oct07 but they asked him to stay on for another 8 months! Our visa was granted Feb 08 & his finish date now is June 27th!!!! Funny thing now is he has asked for a 2 month extension cos our house hasn't sold yet
I wonder if we'll ever get there

Thankfully My OH's company have been slowly shrinking and passing the work to another country, so if they change their minds it will be only for a very short time, but wouldn't be "allowed" to do anything in the interim.
It's silly really I am excited about migrating and have'nt even started yet....i can see i'll end up having a heart attack if/when we are told "you are accepted"
Old May 14th 2008, 10:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

May be off beam here - not had to go through the hoops most people go through, but if you need to get detailed employment history and the job your husband has done, you will need to get that info before the company closes otherwise you could end up with a nightmare just chasing basic facts. Have you started getting all the paperwork together, and sorting out the assessment route and what's required for that?
Old May 14th 2008, 10:37 am
Just Joined

He did enquire about this....thinking he would need the info off of his manager he explained and was then told that HR would deal with it. A small proportion of the company is still going to be operating here for a few yrs, but i think just in case i will question him again about this