Validation Trip Question

Old Mar 10th 2006, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

hunser is on a distinguished road
Default Validation Trip Question

Hi Guys,

Can someone confirm how flexible you can be entering/leaving Australia on a validation trip.

I was hoping to combine my validation trip with some time snowboarding in New Zealand as well and was wondering if the following type of itinerary is allowed:

Buy a London - Sydney return for say 3 weeks
Buy a cheap VirginBlue Sydney - Christchurch return to use during the middle week of these three weeks

This seems to be more cost effective than a multi-destination London - NZ - Oz - London type ticket.

But my concern is that I will obviously have the visa validated on arrival in Sydney and will then pass through Immigration three more times (leave to/return from NZ, before finally leaving for London) and I'm just not 100% sure if this is allowed in the parameters of my Class BN subclass 136 Skilled – Independent visa.

The approval letter states the following regarding visa validity:

'The visa allows for unlimited travel to and from Australia until 2nd March 2011. After this date, visa holder must obtain a resident return visa if travelling overseas and wanting to return to Australia as permanent residents (see paragraph on leaving and returning to Australia).'

which I am interpretting as ok with my travel plans but I'd appreciate it if anyone in the know could confirm this.

Thanks, Paul
Old Mar 10th 2006, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Validation Trip Question

Originally Posted by hunser
Hi Guys,

Can someone confirm how flexible you can be entering/leaving Australia on a validation trip.

I was hoping to combine my validation trip with some time snowboarding in New Zealand as well and was wondering if the following type of itinerary is allowed:

Buy a cheap VirginBlue Sydney - Christchurch return to use during the middle week of these three weeks

This seems to be more cost effective than a multi-destination London - NZ - Oz - London type ticket.

But my concern is that I will obviously have the visa validated on arrival in Sydney and will then pass through Immigration three more times (leave to/return from NZ, before finally leaving for London) and I'm just not 100% sure if this is allowed in the parameters of my Class BN subclass 136 Skilled – Independent visa.

'The visa allows for unlimited travel to and from Australia until 2nd March 2011. After this date, visa holder must obtain a resident return visa if travelling overseas and wanting to return to Australia as permanent residents (see paragraph on leaving and returning to Australia).'

which I am interpretting as ok with my travel plans but I'd appreciate it if anyone in the know could confirm this.

Thanks, Paul

Easy answer - as your visa states you can travel in/out of Australia at your leisure until 2nd March 2011.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Validation Trip Question

As soon as validate your visa by entering Australia for the first time you can come and go as you please. You don't even have to stay in Australia at all really to validate, just pass through immigration control. You could then immediately get back on another flight out of Australia and you would be OK.

Have a good trip!
Brian

Originally Posted by hunser
Hi Guys,

Thanks, Paul