Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Urgent Help needed- Major Dilemma 175 or RSMS

Urgent Help needed- Major Dilemma 175 or RSMS

Old Mar 17th 2010, 5:47 am
Just Joined

shzk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent Help needed- Major Dilemma 175 or RSMS

Hello all

I am a medical practitioner with General Registration in Australia. I have an option of applying for my PR under subclass 175 and Regional sponsored Migration Scheme.

I am confused which one should i go for. My employer is happy to sponsor me but i will have a restrictions of being with them for 2 years whereas if i apply individually i do not have that restrictions.

On the contrary i assume it would be much quicker to get a PR under RSMS rather waiting for PR with Subclass 175.

Does any one have any idea as to how long does it take to get a PR with RSMS and how long does it take with 175.

I am badly confused and a little help can mean a lot to me

Thank you

Kind Regards

Shzk
Old Mar 17th 2010, 6:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent Help needed- Major Dilemma 175 or RSMS

This would be a no brainer for me in your position. The 175 is more flexible and IMHO a better visa. As you are in the medical profession you must be CSL in which case it won't take that long. I am sure it will not be as quick as RSMS, but for sake of a few months I would rather keep flexible. Best and quickest are not the same thing.

Anyway just my opinion, there is no right or wrong answer here.

Just a thought why RSMS not just ENS? That would be a good option.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 6:15 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply bermuda shorts!!

What is IHMO??? Sorry excuse my illiteracy with regards to Immigration.

I do not qualify for ENS as i haven't been on 457 for 2 years. i believe thats a prerequisite.

Whereas with RSMS i do not need to be on 457 for 2 years and a new employer can also sponsor me for a RSMS.

I was never able to tell the real difference betwwen RSMS and ENS. a bit of information on this will be helpful

Thank you again
Old Mar 17th 2010, 6:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

You don't have to be on a 457 for two years to qualify for an ENS, you just need to get a positive skills assessment and have work experience in your field. ENS provides PR but unlike the RSMS does not have conditions attached.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 6:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shzk
Thank you for your reply bermuda shorts!!

What is IHMO??? Sorry excuse my illiteracy with regards to Immigration.
Nothing to do with immigration. Stands for In My Honest Opinion.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

THank you guys

Can you please help me with a bit of more information regarding the positive skill assessment. I understand the only body that does my assessment is Australian medical council and it has granted me a general/full registration.

I would greatly appreciate some inouts on positive skill assessment.

Does anyone have an idea if i apply on a 175, how long will it take me to get the PR granted??

Also i had my full medicals done last year and worked a medical practioner since ive been in this country. would i still need to get my medicals sorted??

Cheers

SHzk
Old Mar 17th 2010, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

syncsam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shzk
THank you guys

Can you please help me with a bit of more information regarding the positive skill assessment. I understand the only body that does my assessment is Australian medical council and it has granted me a general/full registration.

I would greatly appreciate some inouts on positive skill assessment.
According to ASRI for Medical Practitioner - General Medical Practitioner 2311-11: "Evidence of full medical registration constitutes a positive skills assessment for the occupation of 'Medical Practitioner' for the purposes of migration under the General Skilled Migration program"