Urgent help needed

Old Mar 21st 2008, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

chandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant future
Smile Urgent help needed

Hi,
I have received my assessment as an accountant but am working as a business analyst in software industry building equity trading accounting software.

For getting the additional 5 points for work experience in any SOL Which occupation should i select - Accounting or Computing Professionals – Software Designer.

An agent advised me to apply under Business and Information Professionals (nec).

Also can someone help me in reviewing my reference letters for Immi (not ACS)

Any help appreciated.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent help needed

What type of visa are you applying for?
Old Mar 21st 2008, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

chandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by verystormy
What type of visa are you applying for?
Skilled Independent (175)
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Afraid i cant help with this one as i dont know anything about a 175
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 9:36 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by verystormy
Afraid i cant help with this one as i dont know anything about a 175
I can't answer the question either, but the 175 is the new version of the 136.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

If a registered migration agent has advised you which occupation to apply under then there's probably a good reason for that choice. There may be something about your two suggestions that don't work.

You might need to check with him/her, rather than take advice from here. Nobody here knows all your circumstances as your migration does and you risk being given wrong advice (though with all good intentions) as a result.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

The reason I am asking on this forum is to know if anyone faced the same dilemma and what they did about it.

My worry is that Immi might deem it as lying, as technically I build computer systems for accounting of trades. Business and Information Professionals (nec) is related to occupations like Business Researcher, Liaison Officer although the job description states as Professionals not elsewhere classified.

Is there anyone who has a different skill assessment from their occupation and got their visa?

Even if i go ahead with the option of Business and Information Professionals (nec) for the 5 points, which occupation should i select while entering my job description in the online visa form for my two work experiences.
1. Business Analyst
2. Software Tester

Many thanks for your help.

Last edited by chandugitam; Mar 22nd 2008 at 2:16 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

Any one??
Old Jul 27th 2008, 6:18 am
Just Joined

rcv400 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chandugitam
Hi,
I have received my assessment as an accountant but am working as a business analyst in software industry building equity trading accounting software.

For getting the additional 5 points for work experience in any SOL Which occupation should i select - Accounting or Computing Professionals – Software Designer.

An agent advised me to apply under Business and Information Professionals (nec).

Also can someone help me in reviewing my reference letters for Immi (not ACS)

Any help appreciated.

Hi!

I would just like to know what happened to your application? Did you have a re-assessment from ACS, or did you still submit your application with the CPAA assessment?

I was also assessed by the CPAA, however my work experience is more on IT now. So I think we're in the same boat.

Regards
Old Jul 27th 2008, 2:25 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

The reason I am asking on this forum is to know if anyone faced the same dilemma and what they did about it.

My worry is that Immi might deem it as lying, as technically I build computer systems for accounting of trades. Business and Information Professionals (nec) is related to occupations like Business Researcher, Liaison Officer although the job description states as Professionals not elsewhere classified.

Is there anyone who has a different skill assessment from their occupation and got their visa?

Even if i go ahead with the option of Business and Information Professionals (nec) for the 5 points, which occupation should i select while entering my job description in the online visa form for my two work experiences.
1. Business Analyst
2. Software Tester

Many thanks for your help.

It is not normally a problem to have a skill assessment and work experience in a different skilled occupation (provided the work experience is really "skilled"). But do be aware it affects how many points you can claim for work experience and MODL.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rcv400
Hi!

I would just like to know what happened to your application? Did you have a re-assessment from ACS, or did you still submit your application with the CPAA assessment?

I was also assessed by the CPAA, however my work experience is more on IT now. So I think we're in the same boat.

Regards
My agent asked me to go ahead and I applied as an accountant. It helped that i build accounting systems
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:39 am
Just Joined

My agent asked me to go ahead and I applied as an accountant. It helped that i build accounting systems
thanks for the prompt reply. so that means you used the CPAA assessment, but gave them your current job description for the recent work experience/job in demand requirement? or did you further qualify your job description to show the case officer that accounting and IT (in our case) is closely related?
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rcv400
thanks for the prompt reply. so that means you used the CPAA assessment, but gave them your current job description for the recent work experience/job in demand requirement? or did you further qualify your job description to show the case officer that accounting and IT (in our case) is closely related?
I listed my job description as two groups.

One about IT: Requirement gathering, specifications, functional testing,etc.

The other about the accounting: posting rules, multi gaap, mgt & financial reports, etc.

i needed the 5 points for the work ex (recent work experience).
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

I listed my job description as two groups.

One about IT: Requirement gathering, specifications, functional testing,etc.

The other about the accounting: posting rules, multi gaap, mgt & financial reports, etc.

i needed the 5 points for the work ex (recent work experience).
i see. i am now in the process of getting my job description from my employer. appreciate the info. by the way, did you apply online or via paper application? also, can you recommend a notary public who does ctc's but not expensive?