Urgent Help Needed!!!

Old Jun 19th 2006, 7:58 pm
Dan&Bex

danbex85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Urgent Help Needed!!!

HELP!!

We are getting married in July and are then looking to move to Brisbane between xmas and new year. I have already got a visa but my partner will need a visa to enable her to get into Oz. Does anyone have any tips, ideas, contacts, idea of timescale or previous experience of where i start? I believe that we need to do a spouse visa but I'm not sure. PLEASE HELP WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS.

thanks
Old Jun 20th 2006, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

rancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant future
Default Re: Urgent Help Needed!!!

Originally Posted by danbex85
HELP!!

We are getting married in July and are then looking to move to Brisbane between xmas and new year. I have already got a visa but my partner will need a visa to enable her to get into Oz. Does anyone have any tips, ideas, contacts, idea of timescale or previous experience of where i start? I believe that we need to do a spouse visa but I'm not sure. PLEASE HELP WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS.

thanks
Are you or your partner australian? If not which visa do you have?
Old Jun 20th 2006, 5:57 pm
Dan&Bex

danbex85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rancid
Are you or your partner australian? If not which visa do you have?
Neither of us are australian but I do have a full australian residency visa.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 1:38 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danbex85
Neither of us are australian but I do have a full australian residency visa.
In that case visit http://www.australia.org.uk for information on spouse visas.

You may need to show you are "usually resident" in Australia (ie living in Australia) as you are not an Australian citizen. Some DIMA offices offshore are stricter on this than others.

Also - as a recent migrant, they will look to see whether your relationship existed at the time you migrated in the first place, there may be problems if this is the case.

If you need professional advice, try Ian Harrop: http://www.ianharrop.co.uk
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

jbersano is an unknown quantity at this point

I seem to be in the same situation and was wondering if things such as an official job offer, airplane tickets and apartment reservations would substantiate my declaration that I intend to migrate to Australia and thus allow my wife to apply for an Offshore Spouse Visa before I actually move there?

In case it does not, any ideas on how long would I have to reside in Australia before she can submit the application with me as a PR (and "usually resident") sponsoring her? We live in Brazil and the (short) sample of spouse visas' processing times I was able to collect got me worried as they point to a 6-month waiting period where we would be apart.

At last, we were dating before I validated my visa (we actually travelled to Australia together at the time) but only started a 'de facto' relationship by living together after that and are now married (21 months later). Could that pose a problem?

Thanks a lot for any help on these 3 matters!
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 9:08 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jbersano
I seem to be in the same situation and was wondering if things such as an official job offer, airplane tickets and apartment reservations would substantiate my declaration that I intend to migrate to Australia and thus allow my wife to apply for an Offshore Spouse Visa before I actually move there?

In case it does not, any ideas on how long would I have to reside in Australia before she can submit the application with me as a PR (and "usually resident") sponsoring her? We live in Brazil and the (short) sample of spouse visas' processing times I was able to collect got me worried as they point to a 6-month waiting period where we would be apart.

There is no minimum time required to be considered "usually resident" but you do need to be able to show you are living in Australia and not just visiting.

You will need professional advice from an agent familiar with the processing culture of the DIAC office which will deal with your application. Some offices are stricter on this point than others.

At last, we were dating before I validated my visa (we actually travelled to Australia together at the time) but only started a 'de facto' relationship by living together after that and are now married (21 months later). Could that pose a problem?

Thanks a lot for any help on these 3 matters!
It shouldn't be a problem but you will need to be careful to present your evidence correctly, otherwise case officer may get confused and problems could arise. They will look to see whether you had a "spouse" before you validated your visa.