UPS lost all our documents!

Old Sep 30th 2008, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

sooperlids is on a distinguished road
Default UPS lost all our documents!

We shipped our application to our Migration Agent in Australia last week by UPS. They have lost the package, App Forms, Photo's, Certified Passports, Birth Certificates, Bank Statements, Personal History Statements etc. The lot all gone! :curse:

Not sure either if they are any use to somebody in the wrong hands?
Old Sep 30th 2008, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice
Default Re: UPS lost all our documents!

OMG.... thats terrible!!
you must be so worried, what have they said?
Old Sep 30th 2008, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Not a lot! they are going to put a trace on the documents. They made it from the UK to Australia in 2 days, last seen a few miles from their destination on Thursday last week. They are a most unhelpful bunch on the phone. Have just said I will get a call back within 5 working days. Lets hope they turn up somewhere.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

Yes lets hope so.. Good Luck
Old Sep 30th 2008, 9:36 am
Just Joined

Bubbles78 is an unknown quantity at this point

That is just terrible.....Did you keep copies of everything that you posted. Hope it turns up.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 9:49 am
Cause WHATEVER was taken

EVERWHAT will become famous soon enoughEVERWHAT will become famous soon enough

WOW ... that sux big time ... I am really sorry.

Just a word of caution, just let you bank know, so they can put a warning on your account. Just to make sure there is not someone stealing your identy. Having ALL you info in one place at the same time (ID (passports) and bank statments) is a REAL risk. (Not to worry you) but please keep and eye out for anything funny - Bank letters you are not sure about, change of addresses on current accounts etc.

OH yes ... and call UPS and tell them you are not willing to wait 5 days and that you will hold them liable for all costs, directly and indirectly. As well and any fraud that may arrise from the loss of the docs! Make sure you spell it out for them, nice and simple. Also get the details of who you spoke to and an e-mail address and fax number. Then back up EVERYTHING with written corospondence. A registered letter too ... if you want the backup.

I really hope they find the docs!! PM me is you want more info ...
Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice
Angry Re: UPS lost all our documents!

Im with EVERWHAT..

ohh yes..your identity could be lost..with the things happening in current world..this is not a joke.

push then hard and take legal action if necessary.. :curse::curse:
Old Oct 1st 2008, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

allandeb is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear the bad news, i know how stressful it was getting all that stuff together and also the stress when its posted..
Im with EVERWHAT completely on this...take names, notes, don't let them fob you off.

hope all turns out good.
AllanDeb
Old Oct 1st 2008, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

They have reappeared! And have now arrived at the agents!

5 days after being lost. It still says there is a problem if I try to track them on UPS's web site. And UPS haven't called me back. It turns out that they passed them on to a 3rd party to deliver. Think I will try a different courier next time!

Thanks for the replies.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

what a relief!!
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:30 am
Cause WHATEVER was taken

EVERWHAT will become famous soon enoughEVERWHAT will become famous soon enough

Well that is just good news!!