Updating New Passport Details

Old Jul 25th 2019, 6:44 am
Just Joined

mixalisltous is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Updating New Passport Details

Hey,

I am a Greek (permanent resident in Australia). I was recently granted German citizenship and tried to update my passport details on immiaccount. However, the only options for updating passport given on immiaccount & also form 929 are: Expired, Cancelled, Damaged, Stolen, Incorrectly Recorded, Lost.

Any idea on what is the correct way to update the department in this case, since we are supposed to keep them updated with such changes? Hoping someone here who has knowledge of this can point me in the right direction.

Many thanks,
Michael
Old Jul 29th 2019, 1:26 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Updating New Passport Details

File a paper Form 929 with a photocopy of your new German passport and a covering note. You can leave Q13 blank if you like. It will be processed by a human so they can add both your new nationality and passport details on the system.
Old Jul 30th 2019, 9:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
File a paper Form 929 with a photocopy of your new German passport and a covering note. You can leave Q13 blank if you like. It will be processed by a human so they can add both your new nationality and passport details on the system.
Oops I went ahead and updated online and chose "Incorrectly Recorded". I haven't received any feedback from them yet. Thanks for the guidance nonetheless
Old Jul 30th 2019, 11:41 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mixalisltous
Oops I went ahead and updated online and chose "Incorrectly Recorded". I haven't received any feedback from them yet. Thanks for the guidance nonetheless
Did you also include the details of your Greek passport?
Old Jul 30th 2019, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Did you also include the details of your Greek passport?
There's no option to add additional passports online. Anyways I just checked my VEVO and the details have been updated. I'm also able to check details of my visa using both passports when logging in, so I guess it's all good.
Old Jul 30th 2019, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by mixalisltous
There's no option to add additional passports online. Anyways I just checked my VEVO and the details have been updated. I'm also able to check details of my visa using both passports when logging in, so I guess it's all good.
Okay, sounds good. You can always ring them to double check they have both your citizenships and passports listed on the system.