UNOFFICIAL VISA COUNT

Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: UNOFFICIAL VISA COUNT

Originally Posted by eurosyl
In terms of statistics your observations make sense. They are however statistics valid over a 12 month period, and should not be used to guestimate individual visa issue dates, especially not with the introduction of the new visa processing priorities.

Also, a visa application will automatically be assessed against the criteria for each visa subclass that belongs to the specific class of visa you have applied for. As subclass 175 and 176 are of the same Visa Class, any application for a Skilled - Sponsored Independent (Class VE, subclass 176) will also be assessed under a Skilled - Independent (Class VE, subclass 175). So there is no way to acurately predict beforehand how many 'cross-overs' there are, and more importantly - how much time is involved with the assessment per visa.

Statistics are fascinating tho, and if you want to analyse some short term trends (quarterly) it might be interesting to include figures from http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statist...statistics.htm These figures reflect the number of applications lodged in the specific period, and whether or not an agent was used. The numbers for 2008 Q4 are not published yet, and of course in a few months 2009 Q1 will be quite interesting as it should show the effects of the new prioritizing.
eurosyl, I agree with your observation. As they say, statistics are like bikinis.... what they reveal is fascinating but what they conceal is vital.... lol.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

dance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to all
Smile Re: UNOFFICIAL VISA COUNT

Originally Posted by caliburn
statistics are like bikinis.... what they reveal is fascinating but what they conceal is vital.... lol.
I can't believe how you made that up
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:58 am
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

hey PamE, I agree with you. DIAC has two branches... Branch 1 and Branch 2. In Branch 1, they have Region 1, 2 & 3 and in Branch 2 they have Region 4, 5 and 6. Branch 1 predominantly deals with UK, Ireland and South Asia. Branch 2 deals with the rest of the world. Processing time within branches/regions is different. So, its very hard to predict individual timelines.

Btw, on the Document Checklist all docs of myself and my wife says "met" though those of my son still says "required". Do you think this could mean a CO or that someone just looked at my file?
Morning! Re. docs checklist, sounds promising but really I've no idea what exactly this could mean for you personally sorry, can only tell you of my own experience. Our docs stayed as 'required' for ages after we got a case officer & now my husband's say 'received' & mine still say 'required' - altho via email DIAC confirmed some time ago that they have indeed been received. Any answer on this site about such specific question re. an individual application can only be considered speculation, so if I was you I'd contact DIAC myself & ask them if you can't bear the wait (know that feeling!). Personally I've found this to be the best route.

Anyways hope it all means good stuff for you
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:06 am
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

I should add, apparantly it's possible to get thru the entire process without ever being told you have a case officer, cos they don't need anything additional from you.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough

Btw, on the Document Checklist all docs of myself and my wife says "met" though those of my son still says "required". Do you think this could mean a CO or that someone just looked at my file?
Seems you got a CO assigned!!
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PamE
Morning! Re. docs checklist, sounds promising but really I've no idea what exactly this could mean for you personally sorry, can only tell you of my own experience. Our docs stayed as 'required' for ages after we got a case officer & now my husband's say 'received' & mine still say 'required' - altho via email DIAC confirmed some time ago that they have indeed been received. Any answer on this site about such specific question re. an individual application can only be considered speculation, so if I was you I'd contact DIAC myself & ask them if you can't bear the wait (know that feeling!). Personally I've found this to be the best route.

Anyways hope it all means good stuff for you
Thanks!
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Safaet
Seems you got a CO assigned!!
I hope so. Thanks Safaet.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

imaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really nice

Since no visa can be reported during the weekend, let me do something else today (helps with the waiting!). I have just looked at the Migration Program Statistics page of DIAC website (http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statist...ts/migrant.htm). A few interesting observations:

1) DIAC has the capacity to issue 534 skilled visas per day! It's planned visa skilled visa grant for 2009 is/was 133,500. I'm assuming 250 working days in a year. Last year, DIAC issued 434 skilled visas on average per day, thats totaling 108,540 visas in 2008 plan year.

2) DIAC can issue visas to all state/territory nominated applicants in 9 working days! This year priority will be given to state/territory sponsored applicants. However, their planned number in 2009 is only 9,350. Assuming that half of these people already got their visas during July-Dec 2008, we are left with only 4,675 state/territory nominated applicants. If you divide this number with DIAC's visa grant capacity per day of 534 above, it works out to be 9 working days!

3) Point 2 above leads to additional conclusion that DIAC will start wroking on applicants on Critical Skills List from late January 2009, perhaps the 4th week.

4) If you compare the average visa grant of 434 per day in 2008 with that of planned capacity of 534 per day in 2009, you will see an exact increase of 100 per day. Well, this round number can be a coincidence or it can be part of DIAC's planned capacity increase as well.

Do the above make any sense to anyone? Are you interested in more analysis like this?
i wonder when this statistics were done. was it before the new migration rules or just recently...
Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by imaxx
i wonder when this statistics were done. was it before the new migration rules or just recently...
imaxx, these statistics were done before the new rules.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

No visa grants have been reported yet today.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

VISA COUNT 13th JANUARY 2009

1 x 176 April 2009 Applicant (OMG, thats me!!)

Can't believe I'm reporting my own grant!!

Looks like all state/territory sponsored applicants will have CO allocated by 13th February 2009.

Total for this week so far: 1
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

letusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really nice

Looks like all state/territory sponsored applicants will have CO allocated by 13th February 2009.

Congratulations and Celebrations CALIBURN
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Sanjay. Good luck to you.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

OMG!! can't believe i just readthat lol!! CONGRATULATIONS
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by camacazi
OMG!! can't believe i just readthat lol!! CONGRATULATIONS
Its such a relief..... its a great feeling. Thanks Caroline. Wish you best of luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.