UK Police Clearances

Old Oct 5th 2004, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

nmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura about
Default UK Police Clearances

Hi

Does anyone have any ideas how long UK Police Clearances generally take to come through? Also does the fact that I am a South African living in the UK have any impact on the length it takes to be processed?

Thanks
Old Oct 5th 2004, 11:34 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: UK Police Clearances

Originally Posted by nmccallum
Hi

Does anyone have any ideas how long UK Police Clearances generally take to come through? Also does the fact that I am a South African living in the UK have any impact on the length it takes to be processed?

Thanks
Hi,

Two weeks from Kent Police for me. They aim to get 'em back within a month.

Cheers,
Matt
Old Oct 5th 2004, 12:09 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Four weeks for Bedfordshire

Hi

Thanks
Old Oct 5th 2004, 12:13 pm
Anna

Peanuts100 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Mine was 2 and half weeks - Leicestershire
Old Oct 5th 2004, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

PhilShila will become famous soon enoughPhilShila will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
10 days for Essex
Old Oct 5th 2004, 12:43 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

The fact that you're a South African living in the UK will not impact the length of time it takes. My partner (British) & I (American) sent ours off on the same day (sent separately) & received our results on the same day as well.

Ours took about 2 week, in the West Midlands. Under the Data Protection Act, they MUST provide the results within 40 days...
Old Oct 5th 2004, 2:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

They have to reply within 40 days, under the Data Protection Act - time taken varies according to how quick the local force forwards the check to New Scotland Yard, and on what the workload is at NSY at the time. hence it can vary, depending on the time of year.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

shillo is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: UK Police Clearances

Hi

Thanks
19 days so far...... in suffolk....

Had conf of reciept and docs returned...Appl at scotland yard now..

Nothing else yet, but they say 40 days...

Shillo
Old Oct 5th 2004, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

ozpotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shillo
19 days so far...... in suffolk....

Had conf of reciept and docs returned...Appl at scotland yard now..

Nothing else yet, but they say 40 days...

Shillo
Humberside Police - Requested 14th Sept, Acknowledged 17th Sept, still waiting (21 days).......

OP
Old Oct 5th 2004, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

KenJan333 will become famous soon enough

Hi

Thanks
One week for Scottish ones and 2 weeks for the UK ones for us.

Jan
Old Oct 5th 2004, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

aud123 will become famous soon enoughaud123 will become famous soon enough

Hi

Thanks
You will probably have to get police clearances from South Africa.
That would probably take awhile!!
Old Oct 6th 2004, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

nmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by aud123
You will probably have to get police clearances from South Africa.
That would probably take awhile!!
I have already applied for the SA one and expect that to take a while - I was just wondering about the UK one.