Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

UK PCC received..do they all look like this?

UK PCC received..do they all look like this?

Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default UK PCC received..do they all look like this?

Hi everyone,

Good news…I got my UK PCC check back today from New Scotland Yard via Avon and Somerset Constabulary (Application posted 14th July, Acknowledgement letter rec’d 16th July, cheque cashed 26th July, PCC rec’d 6th August – dated 3rd).

Can I just confirm with others that it is what you all got?

Basically its an A4 letter with two blue bands across it (top and bottom) with reference to my Person Record: Prosecution / Conviction under Section 7, Data Protection Act, 1998 – Subject Access

And it says that there is no information held about me in the Person Record of the Police National Computer.

At the bottom it says that this document does not constitute a Certificate of Good Character.

I also photocopied it (although I will send the originals to my CO) but I thought the words ‘Fraud’ are supposed to appear on it (Jana1..isnt that what happened to yours? If so, where on the document?) – it doesn’t on mine.

Anyway, got Meds next Thursday and then hopefully we can move onto the next stage.

Cheers and have a great weekend

SS
Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

suzysu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK PCC received..do they all look like this?

Hiya,

Yeah mine looked like that aswell. As long as you send the original and keep a copy for your records thats fine.

Loads of luck for your medical next week.

Su
Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:34 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi everyone,

Good news…I got my UK PCC check back today from New Scotland Yard via Avon and Somerset Constabulary (Application posted 14th July, Acknowledgement letter rec’d 16th July, cheque cashed 26th July, PCC rec’d 6th August – dated 3rd).

Basically its an A4 letter with two blue bands across it (top and bottom) with reference to my Person Record: Prosecution / Conviction under Section 7, Data Protection Act, 1998 – Subject Access

And it says that there is no information held about me in the Person Record of the Police National Computer.

At the bottom it says that this document does not constitute a Certificate of Good Character.

I also photocopied it (although I will send the originals to my CO) but I thought the words ‘Fraud’ are supposed to appear on it (Jana1..isnt that what happened to yours? If so, where on the document?) – it doesn’t on mine.

Anyway, got Meds next Thursday and then hopefully we can move onto the next stage.

SS
Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:36 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone,

SS
I though all police checks were meant to look like mine. Mine is 16 pages long and has lots of abbreviated terms like GBH, ABH, etc...

Do you think they'll accept me!!!
Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Fair point….maybe my Post was too paranoid.

SS
Old Aug 6th 2004, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

Hi everyone,

SS
Maybe try darkening the photocopy to make the word fraud come out. If you get that that photocopy certified it looks great as you have a fraud certified copy.

Good luck.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 1:53 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Hi elksa,

There is a guideline to what is acceptable as regards previous convictions. This information is available on the Oz immigration web site.

From what i have read on this forum, there are many people with a past history, some with GBH, ABH etc and have got there visa's.

If you want to PM me you can

Rob

Originally posted by elksa
I though all police checks were meant to look like mine. Mine is 16 pages long and has lots of abbreviated terms like GBH, ABH, etc...

Old Aug 6th 2004, 2:43 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by elksa

Bugger - and there was me thinking you didnt have to have a criminal record to get into Oz these days!
Old Aug 6th 2004, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yep, I just darkened it and sure enough the word appears. In fact, if you look really carefully at the original itself you can just make out the words..and then when you know its there its all I see each time I look at the original…like one of those pictures that you have to stare through.

Cheers

SS