UK applicant with South African wife

Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

darrenshakespeare is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK applicant with South African wife

Guys
Wonder if anyone has any advice, please.
I am a UK citizen applying for a skilled migrant visa soon.
My wife is South African and is separately applying for her British passport in May 2009 (5 months time).

We are in no particular hurry, but would you say it is better for us to wait until she has her british passport and we can write those details on the Oz visa application, rather than applying now with her south african passport and then worrying what we might have to do further down the road?

Regards
Darren
Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:58 pm
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of
Default Re: UK applicant with South African wife

Originally Posted by darrenshakespeare
Guys
Wonder if anyone has any advice, please.
I am a UK citizen applying for a skilled migrant visa soon.
My wife is South African and is separately applying for her British passport in May 2009 (5 months time).

We are in no particular hurry, but would you say it is better for us to wait until she has her british passport and we can write those details on the Oz visa application, rather than applying now with her south african passport and then worrying what we might have to do further down the road?

Regards
Darren
I can't see how her nationality can influence the decision on your visa. I think she probably has 'indefinite leave to remain' in the UK already, and you being the main applicant would mean it'd be treated Low Risk, if processing times are what your worrried about ?