Travelling Whilst Applying for Visa

Old Dec 18th 2005, 10:22 am
Just Joined

nurseles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travelling Whilst Applying for Visa

Hello everyone

We are planning on applying for a 136 visa but want to travel for a bit whilst waiting for the visa application to go through. I'm a nurse so we're thinking we can do this after i've had my skils assessed and sent off the actual visa application.

Is the main method of contact from the CO via email? ie Could we sort any issues out whilst abroad?

I understand we would eventually have to return to the Uk o get the passports "stamped" if successful.

As a nurse I think the application (136) process looks relatively straight forward and am fit and healthy and have had no police probs so am not expecting too much hassle really.

Thanks for your help!
Old Dec 19th 2005, 6:14 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future
Default Re: Travelling Whilst Applying for Visa

I am applying for a skilled visa, I am also going there for 2 weeks for a holiday in Jan 06, how long are you proposing to go for a holiday there for? I applied for a holiday visa online which was granted, I have not heard anything from DIMIA as waiting for a CO.

I presume it would be OK unless you intend on staying there for a long time while on your holiday, of course don't overstay your visa!
Old Dec 19th 2005, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nurseles
Hello everyone

We are planning on applying for a 136 visa but want to travel for a bit whilst waiting for the visa application to go through. I'm a nurse so we're thinking we can do this after i've had my skils assessed and sent off the actual visa application.

Is the main method of contact from the CO via email? ie Could we sort any issues out whilst abroad?

I understand we would eventually have to return to the Uk o get the passports "stamped" if successful.

As a nurse I think the application (136) process looks relatively straight forward and am fit and healthy and have had no police probs so am not expecting too much hassle really.

Thanks for your help!
Most communication is by Email but on the form 47SK you can also appoint someone to receive regular mail in relation to your application - so do this in case they need to send you a physical letter. You don't have to return to the UK for the visa, any Australian mission outside Australia can evidence your visa as long as you have permission to go there for 7 working days.

Tony
Old Dec 19th 2005, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

SenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Shaun&Dee
I am applying for a skilled visa, I am also going there for 2 weeks for a holiday in Jan 06, how long are you proposing to go for a holiday there for? I applied for a holiday visa online which was granted, I have not heard anything from DIMIA as waiting for a CO.

I presume it would be OK unless you intend on staying there for a long time while on your holiday, of course don't overstay your visa!
Hi!

Have applied for ENS visa and waiting to hear. Have been a bit pre-emptive and house sold already subject to contracts (should be signing any day now, crossed fingers). Anyway, we are planning to holiday in NZ if visa not granted before house completetion. I checked with our CO what would happen re: passports etc if we were not in UK. I have copied and pasted her reply below:

Once your application has been finalised, you will need to bring your
passport and the letter I will be sending you to your nearest embassy or
high commission (which means if you are in New Zealand at the time of grant
you can contact the The Australia Consulate - General in Aukland for
evidencing) .

So if you're travelling you'll need to check you have an Oz consulate nearby.

All communication has been by e-mail, though re-reading the above, she says letter, so I will need to check that - post or e-mail???

As someone else said, you can nominate someone else as a contact and if you've already sent off the form and need to change details/add a contact there is a form which allows you to do this. I can't remember the number/name but will be on the DIMIA site I guess.

Hope this helps, happy travelling, good luck and merry christmas!

Jo
Old Dec 21st 2005, 10:23 am
Just Joined

nurseles is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your help.

Much appreciated!!