Travel Document

Old Sep 28th 2013, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

rasha.hanna1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel Document

Hello

I have a Syrian passport and I am Australian Permanent Resident ( visa 176 ).
i have a problem with the Syrian embassy, they refuse to renew my passport.
Do you know if i can apply to any kind of Australian Travel Document so i can use it for traveling, Knowing than i live now in Netherlands.

Thank you
Old Sep 28th 2013, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel Document

Originally Posted by rasha.hanna1
Hello

Do you know if i can apply to any kind of Australian Travel Document so i can use it for traveling, Knowing than i live now in Netherlands.

Thank you
Don't think so. I also think that your query is a bit too unusual for a BritishExpats forum. Are you in Australia now? How far off citizenship are you?
Old Sep 28th 2013, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Don't think so. I also think that your query is a bit too unusual for a BritishExpats forum. Are you in Australia now? How far off citizenship are you?
i live now in Netherlands, i will be back to Australia after 4 months. i still need too much time to be an Australian citizen ( i became a permanent resident in 2012, i lived there for few months then i moved to Europe to study )
Old Sep 28th 2013, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

i live now in Netherlands, i will be back to Australia after 4 months. i still need too much time to be an Australian citizen ( i became a permanent resident in 2012, i lived there for few months then i moved to Europe to study )
is your passport expired?
Old Sep 28th 2013, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
is your passport expired?
It is valid now, but will expire soon, i have to prepare everything before it expires. My problem is not traveling to Australia as my passport will be valid after 4 months, but i have to come back to Europe later and my passport will be expired.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 8:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

Thank you
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/164.pdf as far as I can see this is the only thing that DIBP issue, which is just proof of your PR status in Australia. However in order to travel you will need a passport, and Aus will not issue you that until you become a citizen.
No airline will let you board a flight to leave Australia without proof that you will be accepted by the country you are flying to - and proof of your PR status in Australia will only help you to get back into Aus - and even then you'd have problems proving you could board an inbound flight.

Its an issue you need to take up with your home country I think.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

This might help you

https://www.passports.gov.au/web/tra...documents.aspx
Old Sep 29th 2013, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lesleys
Thank you
This is very helpful. i hope i can get this (Certificate of Identity). I will check with the embassy.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 12:07 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you
This is very helpful. i hope i can get this (Certificate of Identity). I will check with the embassy.
Good luck Let us know if you are successful, its an unusual question and feedback could help others in the future
Old Sep 29th 2013, 1:37 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

With all the problems in Syria, and that there may be some political reason for a refusal to renew your passport, shouldn't your first priority be to establish residence (and ultimately citizenship) in Australia?
Old Sep 29th 2013, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

Yes you are right,
Actually i will be in Australia soon, but as a part of my job and study i have to travel from time to time.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 6:25 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you are right,
Actually i will be in Australia soon, but as a part of my job and study i have to travel from time to time.
If you haven't got a valid passport that you can rely on you may need to consider changing your work/study plans to stay Australia-based.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes you are right,
I was thinking earlier that you might just need to get to Australia and stay put until you get citizenship. I didn't say it because I thought someone like JAJ might know more. But seems that staying put is what you might need to do unless you can get a passport from Syria.