TRA xmas closing and couriers - Worried

Old Dec 20th 2009, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default TRA xmas closing and couriers - Worried

Hi all,

I am in a panic to get my 900 hours in before the 1st of January, so I can avoid the new unknown rules. I MIGHT just be able to do it if I beg my work place to let me do some long days over the next couple of days.

So, TRA, I can't see where you can apply online, just pay, and they shut at midday on Xmas eve. I have e-mailed them to ask both if they will accept online applications, and if it gets to them before Jan 1st, but after they are closed if they will count it as in before Jan 1st. Hopefully they will reply tomorrow.

Can anyone recommend a courier who could guarentee to get the application to them before midday on the 24th? Aus post do a next day delivery, but it doesn't state a time, and if they have already shut it may be too late. I MIGHT be able to get my wage slip early to post on Tuesday, but if I can't (I get it Wednesday anyway), I will need a back up courier.

Next question, I will need to get my documents certified. I get weekly pay slips. I have my group certificate from last year, but this year I have tons of payslips. I am assuming I will need to pay to get each one certified, which will end up costing a fair bit. Does anyone know if either, I can get a print out from my employer saying how many hours and what I have been paid since the last group cert, OR send the origionals. I know they say not to, but I can get extra copies printed out if I needed to (they are just printed on normal paper).

Any help would be good as I am in a total panic incase I can't get it in on time and they introduce needing a years work experiance before being able to get the trade assessment. And of course without the trade assessment you can't get the graduate visa to get the years work experiance! Ahhhhhh.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA xmas closing and couriers - Worried

Hi PB,

We used a local JP drop in centre, so first see if there is one local to you. There was no charge.
Also the local shopping mall here on the sunny coast, has a JP there regularly. Again tel yours to see if the same facility is there.
You could also contact a good agent, to find out if you can lodge online right up to the 31st.
These are only suggestions as I am no expert, but will keep fingers crossed for you.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

kavin_oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Hi all,

I am in a panic to get my 900 hours in before the 1st of January, so I can avoid the new unknown rules. I MIGHT just be able to do it if I beg my work place to let me do some long days over the next couple of days.

So, TRA, I can't see where you can apply online, just pay, and they shut at midday on Xmas eve. I have e-mailed them to ask both if they will accept online applications, and if it gets to them before Jan 1st, but after they are closed if they will count it as in before Jan 1st. Hopefully they will reply tomorrow.

Can anyone recommend a courier who could guarentee to get the application to them before midday on the 24th? Aus post do a next day delivery, but it doesn't state a time, and if they have already shut it may be too late. I MIGHT be able to get my wage slip early to post on Tuesday, but if I can't (I get it Wednesday anyway), I will need a back up courier.

Next question, I will need to get my documents certified. I get weekly pay slips. I have my group certificate from last year, but this year I have tons of payslips. I am assuming I will need to pay to get each one certified, which will end up costing a fair bit. Does anyone know if either, I can get a print out from my employer saying how many hours and what I have been paid since the last group cert, OR send the origionals. I know they say not to, but I can get extra copies printed out if I needed to (they are just printed on normal paper).

Any help would be good as I am in a total panic incase I can't get it in on time and they introduce needing a years work experiance before being able to get the trade assessment. And of course without the trade assessment you can't get the graduate visa to get the years work experiance! Ahhhhhh.
pumpkin blossom
The best thing is to give TRA a call, their email reply might take couple of days more.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much, I am in a catch 22 here really, to phone means I have to do it in their limited time slots, when I will be beavering away to try to get my hours in before Xmas....
And their phone lines are shut when my lunch break is. Typical hey.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

mango4 will become famous soon enough

Hi hun

I'm sorry I can't help with your questions, but just wanted to say good luck with everything. Hopefully someone will come on that can offer a solution.

This whole situation is crazy, knee jerk reactions cause nothing but panic.. Why could they not publish the changes in advance to save people stressing out so much? Aaarghhh

I really hope you manage to get it in on time, have you applied for medical and police checks too as i think you have to prove this when you apply for 885..

Good luck x
Old Dec 20th 2009, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I am afriad I don't know much about graduate visas but this situation you are in sounds bizarre and you have my sympathy.

Regarding certifying all your payslips, I just wanted to check do you really need to do that. A lot of people think they have to send payslips for 175/ 176 visa but it is not the case (unless requested). If this is not mandated, I would just pop in photocopies and not waste your time certifying.

I think the other thing you should keep in mind, is that just because there are changes expected, it doesn't mean you won't be able to meet them. Best of luck anyway.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Hi all,

I'm pretty sure you cannot apply on-line, it has to be posted. If you pay online though, you will get the notification quickly. We sent a cheque and they didn't give the receipt number untill the cheque was cleared.

If you can find the Justice of Peace as suggested, then they do not charge to sign stuff. You have to have everything signed and if you have a lot they prefer you to go towards the end of their time unless they are very quiet. Hubbie had hundreds of pages of his hours evidenced, he stapled sections together and the JP just signed the front copy of each section stating pages x through to x are certified copies blah blah. . .which was fine.

Just make sure everything is 'dotted and crossed' as it were as if they send you application back incomplete, then you have to pay the full amount again to re-apply.

We just posted ours off recorded. Good luck

Mandy