TRA Saying Overqualified

Old Mar 8th 2007, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA Saying Overqualified

Originally Posted by krunchynutt
I am hoping the senior case officer will see the light and pass me, but I am really worried at the moment.

Sounds like your agent is on the ball with it. See what happens now.

If you still have problems then speak to Glenn Newton, he's a migration agent, but he was also a director for the TRA from 1990 to 1999

http://www.australianmigrationsolutions.com/aboutus.htm
Old Mar 8th 2007, 9:53 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, I hope so too.

I cant believe how stressfull this all is.

Thanks for your help.
It is very stressful I know Let us know how you get on anyway
Old Mar 8th 2007, 9:57 pm
Krunchynutt

krunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Clippies
It is very stressful I know Let us know how you get on anyway
Will do. Prob find out in two weeks or so.

Thanks for your help Clippies

Thanks for your help too Wendy, hopefully I will not need to bother Glenn Newton.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 9:58 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your help too Wendy, hopefully I will not need to bother Glenn Newton.
You're welcome

Will keep my fingers crossed for you
Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully not, will keep everything crossed for you.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice

Hi to everyone.

I have just had some mixed news which I am unsure what to make of.

Basically I work as an Electrician, I served a recognized indentured apprenticeship and have worked as an Electrician for the last 8 years post apprenticeship.

I also have a Degree in Mining Engineering with Electrician studies.

I have applied to the TRA through an agent for recognition as an Electrician Special Class for VISA purposes .

The TRA have told my agent that I am overqualified and I should be applying to Engineers Australia to be recognized as an Electrical Engineer.

I have never worked as a Electrical Engineer and I wish to work in Australia as an Electrician but unless I can pass the TRA assessment this will not be possible.

Any ideas, advice would be greatly appreciated.

And has anyone been through the same sort or predicament.

Regards

Mark
Hi Mark
I am really worried now! We sent hubby's TRA off on 1st March -OH did an Electronics apprenticeship and a couple of years w/exp but then went on to do a degree in electronics,manufacturing and management. So I think the same thing may happen to us. We haven't used an agent either

Trouble is if we applied through Engineers Australia, the subsequent occupation would be Electronics Engineer and this is not on the MODL where as Electronics Intruments Tradesperson is. And we need the MODL points to get the visa!

Hope yours all works out ok. keep us updated
Sandy
Old Mar 9th 2007, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

WESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MANDS14
Hi Mark
I am really worried now! We sent hubby's TRA off on 1st March -OH did an Electronics apprenticeship and a couple of years w/exp but then went on to do a degree in electronics,manufacturing and management. So I think the same thing may happen to us. We haven't used an agent either

Trouble is if we applied through Engineers Australia, the subsequent occupation would be Electronics Engineer and this is not on the MODL where as Electronics Intruments Tradesperson is. And we need the MODL points to get the visa!

Sandy
It looks as if your strategy is not the best one you might have adopted.

If you do not receive a positive outcome from TRA, or even if you do, consult a registered migration agent.

All the best
Old Mar 9th 2007, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Bianca UK-OZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for this thread. Could be same problem here . Engineering degree and diploma, but last 7 years was mostly fitter work -and Fitter is on MODL... so maybe I should just ommit the other qual's?
Old Mar 9th 2007, 10:23 pm
Krunchynutt

krunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud of

Hi Mark

Sandy
Hi Sandy.

Sounds like you are in the same sort of predicament as I am.
Hopefully it will work out for you, giving your situation regarding the visa you have taken the right action except possiby sending in the degree (but who would think that can go against them), I wouldnt worry just yet, my application was sent on the 17th jan and is still ongoing. I think if they fail you there are plenty of people who can offer good advice, but personally I dont think you will fail, I think they may query the degree but hopefully only query it.

I will let u know the outcome of mine as soon as I find anything out.

Best of luck

Mark
Old Mar 9th 2007, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

hottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nice

..Trouble is if we applied through Engineers Australia, the subsequent occupation would be Electronics Engineer and this is not on the MODL where as Electronics Intruments Tradesperson is. And we need the MODL points to get the visa!
I think this highlights some serious flaws in their immigration systems.
Old Mar 10th 2007, 2:01 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hottroc
I think this highlights some serious flaws in their immigration systems.
Hi Mark,

It sounds as though you might have had a shot at an Engineers Australia assessment in a MODL occupation - so I'm assuming that you're 40 or above and had to maximise your points. I don't think TRA would ever say that you are overqualified, rather they'd say that a degree doesn't prove much in terms of skills required to be a sparky. Looking forward to hearing what happens next in your case.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Mar 10th 2007, 8:31 am
Krunchynutt

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Mark,

It sounds as though you might have had a shot at an Engineers Australia assessment in a MODL occupation - so I'm assuming that you're 40 or above and had to maximise your points. I don't think TRA would ever say that you are overqualified, rather they'd say that a degree doesn't prove much in terms of skills required to be a sparky. Looking forward to hearing what happens next in your case.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Hi George

To be honest I have not applied to Engineers Australia due to the fact that I currently work as an Electrician and as far as I can tell I need to pass the TRA assessment for licensing.

My agent is telling me that she thinks it may be possible to become licensed using the degree through Engineers Australia and not attainint an ARTC and she is looking into it.

If I pass the TRA I should be able to achieve over 120 points for visa.

If not the agent is telling me she has spoken to Engineers Australia and my degree is recognized and I can still get over 120 points, I have just turned 33 years old.

If the TRA query my degree and then fail for being overqualified (my agent tells me it happens sometimes) then I attain my visa by using degree accreditation through Engineers Australia (Electrical Engineer is on MODL), will I be able to pass the ARTC for Electrician licensing and work as an Electrician, I do have the required experience and according to agent they are not questioning that they just think I should be taking another route.

My agent originally advised applying as an Electrical Engineer as they are paid more, but I have never worked as one and have no experience in that field so I have avoided it and instead stuck to what I do.

Somewhat confused

Mark
Old Mar 10th 2007, 9:17 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi George

To be honest I have not applied to Engineers Australia due to the fact that I currently work as an Electrician and as far as I can tell I need to pass the TRA assessment for licensing.

My agent is telling me that she thinks it may be possible to become licensed using the degree through Engineers Australia and not attainint an ARTC and she is looking into it.

If I pass the TRA I should be able to achieve over 120 points for visa.

If not the agent is telling me she has spoken to Engineers Australia and my degree is recognized and I can still get over 120 points, I have just turned 33 years old.

If the TRA query my degree and then fail for being overqualified (my agent tells me it happens sometimes) then I attain my visa by using degree accreditation through Engineers Australia (Electrical Engineer is on MODL), will I be able to pass the ARTC for Electrician licensing and work as an Electrician, I do have the required experience and according to agent they are not questioning that they just think I should be taking another route.

My agent originally advised applying as an Electrical Engineer as they are paid more, but I have never worked as one and have no experience in that field so I have avoided it and instead stuck to what I do.

Somewhat confused

Mark
Hi Mark,

I'm quite confused by a lot of the things you've said, but the bottom line is that it sounds as though you ought to have applied for migration using a Washington Accord assessment of your engineering degree. The ARTC is not the same as a TRA migration assessment and is only used for skill recognition for employment in Australia.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Mar 10th 2007, 4:03 pm
Krunchynutt

Hi

I have a few questions if anyone can help.

Is it possible to pass a TRA assessment for a ARTC as an Electrican if you have applied for visa as an Electrical Engineer via the washington accord?

Or will the TRA say you cannot have an ARTC for Electrician because you have a visa for an Electrical Engineer.

I fullfill all the TRA's training and experience requirements for Electrician and I have been working as an Electrician for a number of years.

Kind Regards

Mark
Old Mar 10th 2007, 4:05 pm
Vickymed

vickymed will become famous soon enough

Hi all hubby is a qualified sheetmetal worker and welder they are both on the MODL so do we apply on that or through tra any help greatly appreciated

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.