TRA question - Urgent

Old Feb 25th 2006, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default TRA question - Urgent

Hi, I've just sat down to fill my TRA forms in and theres a question on there that says "name, address and country of training institute".

Does that mean the place I did my training or does it mean The Engineering industry training board who issued the certificate at the end of my apprenticeship?

Many thanks
Old Feb 25th 2006, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA question - Urgent

Originally Posted by jazzys
Hi, I've just sat down to fill my TRA forms in and theres a question on there that says "name, address and country of training institute".

Does that mean the place I did my training or does it mean The Engineering industry training board who issued the certificate at the end of my apprenticeship?

Many thanks

It means The Engineering industry training board.

Wendy
Old Feb 25th 2006, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
It means The Engineering industry training board.

Wendy
Hi Wendy thanks for that. However, when I got to the next question on the form regarding my apprenticeship, it told me to put down any "theoretical training undertaken as part of the apprenticeship" in section 2.

Section 2 is the formal vocational training section I was asking about, so from that I reckon it must mean the college I went to.

Are you sure it means the The Engineering industry training board?

Many thanks
Old Feb 25th 2006, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

milliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond repute

Jazzys

Will you be sending copies of the syllabuses along with your application or will you type all the information out of them instead? I'm not sure if it is acceptable to send the syllabuses that's all and no-one has answered my earlier thread. Just don't want to make a big mistake with our appliation!

Thanks
Old Feb 25th 2006, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by milliewoos
Jazzys

Will you be sending copies of the syllabuses along with your application or will you type all the information out of them instead? I'm not sure if it is acceptable to send the syllabuses that's all and no-one has answered my earlier thread. Just don't want to make a big mistake with our appliation!

Thanks
Hi milliewoos, nah I'm not sending syllabuses. They ask for a copy of my certificates and they can have them. I'm sending a certified copy of every certificate and copies of as many references as I can get together.

As long as your hubby has his certificates, I reckon that should be enough.

Good Luck

jazzy
Old Feb 25th 2006, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Wendy thanks for that. However, when I got to the next question on the form regarding my apprenticeship, it told me to put down any "theoretical training undertaken as part of the apprenticeship" in section 2.

Section 2 is the formal vocational training section I was asking about, so from that I reckon it must mean the college I went to.

Are you sure it means the The Engineering industry training board?

Many thanks
Right, just had a look at the form (it's a year since we did ours)

This is what I put on ours (for Electrician so you'll have to change)

Part 2
Title of training course - City & Guilds Electrical Installation 236
Name, address and country of institute - City & Guilds, London, UK
The rest is straight forward

Part 3
Name, address and country of employer - I put the name etc of the place my OH did his apprentiship, ie his trainer
Name of apprentiship registration Authority - City & Guilds
again the rest is straight forward

Hope that helps
Wendy
Old Feb 25th 2006, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Right, just had a look at the form (it's a year since we did ours)

This is what I put on ours (for Electrician so you'll have to change)

Part 2
Title of training course - City & Guilds Electrical Installation 236
Name, address and country of institute - City & Guilds, London, UK
The rest is straight forward

Part 3
Name, address and country of employer - I put the name etc of the place my OH did his apprentiship, ie his trainer
Name of apprentiship registration Authority - City & Guilds
again the rest is straight forward

Hope that helps
Wendy

Thanks Wendy, the obvious question is did you get a positive result from the TRA and are you now in Oz?

Cheers
jazzy
Old Feb 25th 2006, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks Wendy, the obvious question is did you get a positive result from the TRA and are you now in Oz?

Cheers
jazzy
Yes, passed TRA first time, we had an agent who checked it all out before it was sent in. We have the visa (jan 4th) but need to sell the house. Have had it up for three weeks so far. Hoping to be there in the next few months.

Good luck with yours
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes, passed TRA first time, we had an agent who checked it all out before it was sent in. We have the visa (jan 4th) but need to sell the house. Have had it up for three weeks so far. Hoping to be there in the next few months.

Good luck with yours
Great eh! I bet ya can't wait to get shot of that house!

Where are you heading?

Jazzys
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Great eh! I bet ya can't wait to get shot of that house!

Where are you heading?

Jazzys

We are going to Adelaide. I have an Aunt there, so I am going to meet her for the first time and hopefully settle somewhere near.

And you're right about the house.

Wendy
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

We are going to Adelaide. I have an Aunt there, so I am going to meet her for the first time and hopefully settle somewhere near.

Wendy
Just knock a couple of grand off it wendy, that should do it.

Adelaide is nice, been through it prior to driving across the nullabor desert.

Jazzy
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just knock a couple of grand off it wendy, that should do it.

Adelaide is nice, been through it prior to driving across the nullabor desert.

Jazzy

Yep, the price is coming down next week if we don't have any viewings this week. I did overprice it by £2k anyway.

Wendy
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: TRA question - Urgent

Wendy
Wendy, we are 139 two months since ack,what timeframe were you till you got any news,you will like Adelaide been on hols there,thanks good luck wee man
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by weeman111
Wendy, we are 139 two months since ack,what timeframe were you till you got any news,you will like Adelaide been on hols there,thanks good luck wee man

We submitted application in August, meds etc requested Nov - sent dec, Visa grant January

So 5 months in total, but we were 136 MODL Skilled Independant, so yours will probably vary from that.

Look here, it will give you an idea of the timeframe for your visa www.austimeline.com
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

We submitted application in August, meds etc requested Nov - sent dec, Visa grant January

So 5 months in total, but we were 136 MODL Skilled Independant, so yours will probably vary from that.

Look here, it will give you an idea of the timeframe for your visa www.austimeline.com
Blimey Wendy thats fast, I think I'm wanna then 136 thingies.
5 MONTHS, the wife will sh#t her pants if I tell her that!

She needs a bit of time to get used to it I think, ahhh she'll be right once she's got a bit of sun on her back! ( I Hope )

jazzys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.