TRA question

Old May 5th 2008, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

erco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really nice
Default TRA question

hi again everyone.

we decided to go with an agent and have started the visa process off but were still at the very early stge.

I,m filling the TRA questionaire out and been told to add some extra pages of jobs done etc , right down to tools used (plastering).

what type of format is the best, lots of pages?

dont want to bore the TRA assesor with reems of past jobs/experienc etc.

any ponters will be much appreciated.

many thanks

Wayne & Caroline
Old May 5th 2008, 6:23 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA question

Originally Posted by erco
hi again everyone.

we decided to go with an agent and have started the visa process off but were still at the very early stge.

I,m filling the TRA questionaire out and been told to add some extra pages of jobs done etc , right down to tools used (plastering).

what type of format is the best, lots of pages?

dont want to bore the TRA assesor with reems of past jobs/experienc etc.

any ponters will be much appreciated.

many thanks

Wayne & Caroline

make sure in your explanation that you cover the following points

What are tradespeople in Australia expected to be capable of?
You must demonstrate that you are capable of doing the broad range of work normally done by, and to the same level of skill as, a tradesperson trained in Australia.

The work of a tradesperson includes:

reading work instructions and technical drawings common to the trade;

planning independently the method and order of doing a job;

using measuring instruments correctly;

marking out, laying out and setting up trade work;

selecting appropriate materials, tools, machines and equipment;

making appropriate settings on tools, machines and equipment;

performing trade work independently; and
checking and /or testing work against established standards.

You must also demonstrate that you have adequate background/theoretical knowledge.

hope this helps

regards steve
Old May 5th 2008, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

rach28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi my hubby is plasterer as well and we are going it alone too.
On the q8 of tra i have been told to put everything down. And you need to basicaly write it so someone that does know the job would have a good idea how to do it once have read it. And doesnt matter how many pages there is. i know people that have put in 50+ pages.
hope this helps.

Rachael
Old Oct 24th 2008, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Anne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really nice

Hi, do we have to write this all down by hand in our own handwriting, or can we just say, please refer to attached pages, and type the answer to question 8, what did you do?
also: does it matter if this is more or less the same as the descriptions of the daily jobs in the references?
any help???? thanks
Old Oct 24th 2008, 9:01 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by just4us_5
Hi, do we have to write this all down by hand in our own handwriting, or can we just say, please refer to attached pages, and type the answer to question 8, what did you do?
also: does it matter if this is more or less the same as the descriptions of the daily jobs in the references?
any help???? thanks
nar you type it out mate and yes your references and work experiances
should be very similar

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=555109

have a look at post 5 i`ve uploaded some of mine as an electrican but the principle is the same you have to cover the requirements that they have determined make up a tradesperson
just imagine some one reading through what youve written with a tick box list as you explain each bit you fill another box

i know ive posted this earlier but this is what they are looking for

What are tradespeople in Australia expected to be capable of?
You must demonstrate that you are capable of doing the broad range of work normally done by, and to the same level of skill as, a tradesperson trained in Australia.

The work of a tradesperson includes:

reading work instructions and technical drawings common to the trade;

planning independently the method and order of doing a job;

using measuring instruments correctly;

marking out, laying out and setting up trade work;

selecting appropriate materials, tools, machines and equipment;

making appropriate settings on tools, machines and equipment;

performing trade work independently; and
checking and /or testing work against established standards.

You must also demonstrate that you have adequate background/theoretical knowledge.

good luck guys

regards steve