TRA Question

Old Aug 25th 2005, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future
Default TRA Question

If, like us, you have a refusal from the TRA, and on the sheet it states the reason for the fail, in our case, not enought work experience documentation. If you send everything else back exactly the same with the new documents could they refuse you because of something else that they didnt mention in the first refusal.

Does everyone understand that question?

Only i would hate to get it all sent off again, only to be refused for something else, such as, references too old, or Police certification not accepted etc.

Surely if this was the case it would be mentioned in the first refusal.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 6:42 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA Question

Originally Posted by midge04
If, like us, you have a refusal from the TRA, and on the sheet it states the reason for the fail, in our case, not enought work experience documentation. If you send everything else back exactly the same with the new documents could they refuse you because of something else that they didnt mention in the first refusal.

Only i would hate to get it all sent off again, only to be refused for something else, such as, references too old, or Police certification not accepted etc.

We also failed the first time on lack of work experience documentation. We took advice from an agent and resubmitted a new application with much more information related to work experience & training over the last 20 years. Happily we passed the 2nd time. What trade are you applying in?
Old Aug 26th 2005, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Glenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to all

TRA can find a new reason to refuse you in your second application that they did not mention in their first refusal :-(

Police certification is not required by TRA.

Old references don't go stale, but if they were deficient in the first application they will still be deficient in the second application so provide new references with the required information and in the required format where necessary.

Remember that TRA will refer back to your first application and compare new docuemnts with old, so in addressing deficiencies it is important to not construct inconsistencies bewteen the first and second applications...cos inconsistencies can be fatal.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:02 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Glenn Newton
Remember that TRA will refer back to your first application and compare new docuemnts with old, so in addressing deficiencies it is important to not construct inconsistencies bewteen the first and second applications...cos inconsistencies can be fatal.

Yes, that's what we were worried about the most, but we passed second time round.

It's worth getting the advice of a good agent like Glenn, even if only for the TRA stage.

Good luck
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:34 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Old references don't go stale, but if they were deficient in the first application they will still be deficient in the second application so provide new references with the required information and in the required format where necessary.
We provided new very detailed references where possible and where not we got a letter from the company to say why they would not give a more detailed reference & then also provided a stat dec to back up the letter from the employer explaining in great detail what day to day duties were and equipment used.

Take heed of this good advice as on a second application you MUST reference the original application so any discrepancies or subtle changes you may make will be instantly picked up!
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:44 am
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
We provided new very detailed references where possible and where not we got a letter from the company to say why they would not give a more detailed reference & then also provided a stat dec to back up the letter from the employer explaining in great detail what day to day duties were and equipment used.

Take heed of this good advice as on a second application you MUST reference the original application so any discrepancies or subtle changes you may make will be instantly picked up!

Claire, I sent the letter to Whitbread and reminded them of a previous phone call at the beginning of the year, and asked them to put it in writing. We enclosed an Self addressed envelope and sent it recorded delivery, kept the receipts etc.

But we havent heard anything. Im worried, we have proof we sent the letter to them, have a copy of it but they havent replied.

I know Abdel has the original whitbread contract, pension stuff etc, but what else can I do if Whitbread dont reply.

Old Aug 26th 2005, 10:05 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

We failed miserably first time round and that was with an agent (what a useless bunch of fu**wits they were too).

We used Glen Newton for our second TRA application and I am soooooo glad we did because not only did we pass but with the more detailed evidence he told us to provide and basically a far far better application, we managed to secure an MODL trade as well (my husband falls into two categories - gasfitter and plumber - plumber being MODL but not gasfitter).

How happy were we when we passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we still havent come down!!

seriously, this first stage is crucial. act in haste, repent at leisure !!

Last edited by Rooksie; Aug 26th 2005 at 10:08 am.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 10:08 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Claire, I sent the letter to Whitbread and reminded them of a previous phone call at the beginning of the year, and asked them to put it in writing. We enclosed an Self addressed envelope and sent it recorded delivery, kept the receipts etc.

But we havent heard anything. Im worried, we have proof we sent the letter to them, have a copy of it but they havent replied.

I know Abdel has the original whitbread contract, pension stuff etc, but what else can I do if Whitbread dont reply.
Hi P P,
We had identical problem with whitbread !! what we did was write a letter ourselves stating dates and times of each contact with them (names if you have them) and then attached a stat dec which we took to solicitor who stamped it...... It worked good luck
Jane x
Old Aug 26th 2005, 6:17 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

Sam
I was going to suggest EXACTLY what has been suggested by Jane & Russ (below)

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
Hi P P,
We had identical problem with whitbread !! what we did was write a letter ourselves stating dates and times of each contact with them (names if you have them) and then attached a stat dec which we took to solicitor who stamped it...... It worked good luck
Jane x