TRA Problem!

Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

paddyb157 will become famous soon enoughpaddyb157 will become famous soon enough
Unhappy TRA Problem!

Hi everyone, I'm just about ready to send off my documents to the TRA for joinery skills assessment.

However, today i quit my current job to go elsewhere to try and get sponsored but my boss has refused to write me out the detailed reference i need to supply to the TRA.

Will i have a problem if i just write one myself describing my job?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:23 am

Perthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud of
Default Re: TRA Problem!

Originally Posted by paddyb157
Hi everyone, I'm just about ready to send off my documents to the TRA for joinery skills assessment.

However, today i quit my current job to go elsewhere to try and get sponsored but my boss has refused to write me out the detailed reference i need to supply to the TRA.

Will i have a problem if i just write one myself describing my job?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to hear that paddyb, you can always do a statutory declaration (see the TRA info pack), basically you explain why you're doing a stat dec and put as much info in as you can (basically what the ref would have said) and get a solicitor to sign and stamp it.

Good Luck!

P
Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

paddyb157 will become famous soon enoughpaddyb157 will become famous soon enough

Does it have to be signed from a solicitor or can it be signed by anyone with authority (police, doctor, etc)?
Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:34 am

Perthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud of

Sorry - Im pretty sure its a solicitor but may be wrong - its in the info pack with the app form? They are very particular so read it carefully - that's why IMHO I'd go with a solicitor to be on the safe-side.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 1:16 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paddyb157
Does it have to be signed from a solicitor or can it be signed by anyone with authority (police, doctor, etc)?
we got a jp to sign our stat dec. sum total zero pounds. no need for a solicitor.