TRA Payment?

Old Apr 7th 2008, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

si2oz is an unknown quantity at this point
Question TRA Payment?

Hi
I am ready to put my application for my skills assessment in to the Trades Recognition Australia. They specify that an international bank cheque or money order be used when paying the application fee, and that all payments must be drawn on an Australian bank! What uk bank if any can I use to write me a cheque?
Old Apr 7th 2008, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA Payment?

HSBC do it I think, We used a credit card to pay TRA (our agent sorted it out).
Old Apr 7th 2008, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice

Originally Posted by si2oz
Hi
I am ready to put my application for my skills assessment in to the Trades Recognition Australia. They specify that an international bank cheque or money order be used when paying the application fee, and that all payments must be drawn on an Australian bank! What uk bank if any can I use to write me a cheque?
Hi we used bank of scotland but as far as i know you can get it at any bank it cost us about£15 and it took 2 days to get sent out to us hope this helps Kate
Old Apr 7th 2008, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
HSBC do it I think, We used a credit card to pay TRA (our agent sorted it out).
Thanks

Thats right HSBC do issue international bank cheque's. But when I went to order mine they said it will drawn on HSBC Melbourne. In the TRA guidliness it says "all payments must be drawn on an australian bank (e.g. Commonwealth,Bank of Au, Westpac, Au and Nz banking group) this is why Im confused.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jimandkate
Hi we used bank of scotland but as far as i know you can get it at any bank it cost us about£15 and it took 2 days to get sent out to us hope this helps Kate
Thanks kate.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

maund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to all

We set up a HiFX account. It was a simple two minute process on the telephone. You can order your cheque there and then and they post it out at the close of day. Very competitive compared to what the banks were charging.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by maund family
We set up a HiFX account. It was a simple two minute process on the telephone. You can order your cheque there and then and they post it out at the close of day. Very competitive compared to what the banks were charging.
Thanks for that. Will look at hifx
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Hi

We actually got our cheque from Abbey National and posted it direct with our app

Basty
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by si2oz
Hi
Hi,
I got mine, twice for TRA and once for visa application, through Lloyds Bank. It costs £20 for each one and if ordered early in the day posted to home address 2 days later.

Johnnyyt
Old Apr 8th 2008, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Basty
Hi

We actually got our cheque from Abbey National and posted it direct with our app

Basty
Thank you for your post
Old Apr 8th 2008, 11:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by johnnyyt
Hi,
I got mine, twice for TRA and once for visa application, through Lloyds Bank. It costs £20 for each one and if ordered early in the day posted to home address 2 days later.

Johnnyyt
Thanks for that. And all who REPLIED! Im going to get that cheque from HSBC and send that with my app.

Cross fingers and best of luck to all. Si x