Wikiposts

TRA needing 900hrs PAID work experience!

Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Jumpy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: TRA needing 900hrs PAID work experience!

As you can only apply for the 18 month graduate visa after the 2yrs study,pass your course and meet all the critera for TRA,would it be right to say this visa is actioned quite quickly then.In my experience not much is done quickly here!!!!
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:13 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Of interest to a few, I would imagine:
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...013871,00.html

Best regards.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:13 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jumpy
As you can only apply for the 18 month graduate visa after the 2yrs study,pass your course and meet all the critera for TRA,would it be right to say this visa is actioned quite quickly then.In my experience not much is done quickly here!!!!
I personally can't answer that one as didn't go on a graduation visa.

Someone will hopefully be able to help.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:15 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

And:

Best regards.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Of interest to a few, I would imagine:

Best regards.
and probably why they're now making it 'paid' work experience with pay slips etc to prove!
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Interesting reading Alan,but surely everybody new there was people beating the system,they must have been living on the moon if they didn't.What about the students who have done work experience,unpaid,and actually worked the hrs,thinking this was good enough for TRA,and more than halfway through their course
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:28 pm
Migration Agent

The rules of the game have changed, I am afraid ... as I have said already ...

Best regards.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:31 pm
Account Closed

What about the students who have done work experience,unpaid,and actually worked the hrs,thinking this was good enough for TRA,and more than halfway through their course
As I said, a classic case of how it can all go wrong.

Incidently, I've heard a rumour that my old school is now up for sale!

New TRA rules coming in ... a coincidence?
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
As I said, a classic case of how it can all go wrong.

Incidently, I've heard a rumour that my old school is now up for sale!

New TRA rules coming in ... a coincidence?
The fun never ends with this migration lark!
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

I heard a long time ago DIAC had so many false applications,false paperwork etc,was the reason pathway D was closed.Funny that most of them where from India.This was what I heard ,don't want to be called a racist.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sambo76
The fun never ends with this migration lark!
It doesn't ... ... but you have to remember you haven't 'migrated' to Australia. You have come to Australia to study, with a hope of being able to migrate after studies.

We all have to be 100% aware before we come that there's EVERY chance it can go pear shaped along the way and have to leave Australia at the end ...

As I said earlier, it's a 'bonus' being able to apply for PR after studies. It's NOT a DIAC scheme coming here. It's NOT set in stone that you'll get PR. It's a gamble!

I have to say I read posts on here and people go on about how they're gonna study and WHEN they get PR they're gonna go do this, do that, live here, live there etc. I don't think they realise what kind of a gamble they're taking on! ...
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:48 pm
Account Closed

I heard a long time ago DIAC had so many false applications,false paperwork etc,was the reason pathway D was closed.Funny that most of them where from India.This was what I heard ,don't want to be called a racist.
I wouldn't know where they came from, but yeah without a doubt why pathway D was removed. Same thing really.

End of the day Australia has absolutely heaps of people who want to come live here. They have every right to tighten it all up as they'll still get the X amount of thousand applications per year it's after, and probably cut back on the false applications too!
Old Jul 25th 2008, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

I think DIAC know why most people come on student visas to study trades,they can't be that stupid.It's just a money making scheme,international students make a lot of money for the TAFE's
Old Jul 25th 2008, 4:06 pm
Account Closed

I think DIAC know why most people come on student visas to study trades,they can't be that stupid.It's just a money making scheme,international students make a lot of money for the TAFE's
Agreed, and a massive amount of PR visa's they give out each year go to 'onshore' students ...

Saying that tho, they all get their money regardless of whether you get your PR or not! ...
Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Agreed, and a massive amount of PR visa's they give out each year go to 'onshore' students ...

Saying that tho, they all get their money regardless of whether you get your PR or not! ...
The schools and the government make enough money out of international students, I hope they will change the graduate visa so you can apply after finishing your studies so you can get the 900 required for PR. If not the new trained students with Australian qualifications will have to go home. Seems a bit silly when there is a skills shortage!??!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.