Wikiposts

TRA needing 900hrs PAID work experience!

Old Aug 3rd 2008, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

Veronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA needing 900hrs PAID work experience!

Hello,

Yes a new student visa requires enrollement in a new course and of course more money out of your pocket.

A 457 is a better option and if you already work in your area and your employer is happy to sponsor you, then this is the easiest and cheapest route (but a 457 has its own requirements too, so check them out first).

Werty1 you seem to have enough information. I wouldn't bother with photos, but your certificate and a letter from your employer as well as payslips should be enough.

Cheers

ps: I live in London. I am a migrant twice over: from the Czech republic to Australia and then a return to Europe (of my own accord). I've been in London for about 8 years now and I have well and truly had enough. I now have a fiance here, and a new life, so I am not leaving anytime soon, but come and spend some time living in North London and you will soon be over any doubts you have about why you decided to move to Australia.

The first years may be difficult, but once you are settled I think you will have no regrets.
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 10:41 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

If you move onto a 457 visa please check your pathway to permanent residence - it is not as "automatic" as applying for an onshore skilled visa after a period of study as a student in Australia (though I recognise the need for a skills assessment classification if going for a general skilled visa - as discussed already on this thread).

Best regards.
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

gagno9 is just really nicegagno9 is just really nicegagno9 is just really nicegagno9 is just really nicegagno9 is just really nicegagno9 is just really nicegagno9 is just really nicegagno9 is just really nice

The 900 hours needed, is that for every course or just hairdressing? Me or my partner are looking at welfare or bricklaying. Plus couldnt these hours be completed in the 18 month extension visa students can get at the end of studies?
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:03 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gagno9
The 900 hours needed, is that for every course or just hairdressing? Me or my partner are looking at welfare or bricklaying. Plus couldnt these hours be completed in the 18 month extension visa students can get at the end of studies?
900 hours is for the TRA (Trades Recognition Australia), so anyone who will be assessed by them will need them (yes to bricklayer by the way).

I don't think you can apply for the graduate visa until you've sent for a skills assessment!

You see the issue people are having?
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

bound4brissy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
900 hours is for the TRA (Trades Recognition Australia), so anyone who will be assessed by them will need them (yes to bricklayer by the way).

I don't think you can apply for the graduate visa until you've sent for a skills assessment!

You see the issue people are having?
I just checked it out and you definitely cant apply for a graduate visa without getting TRA rubber stamp on your skills first....up the creek etc...

I found this for some light bedtime reading....!

http://mia.org.au/download/TRA_Migra...olicy_2008.pdf
Old Aug 4th 2008, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

gagno9 is just really nicegagno9 is just really nicegagno9 is just really nicegagno9 is just really nicegagno9 is just really nicegagno9 is just really nicegagno9 is just really nicegagno9 is just really nice

Well thats just bloody great!

I thought the whole point of the bridging visa was for you to get the paid hours experience?! So surely that makes that visa a waste of time.

So in short, they require us to get paid work in a job we are not yet fully qualified in, in order to be able to apply for PR. So they are making things as impossible as they can, so they are able to still get our money for studying but know full well we would struggle to be able to stop after our study period. But we will still pay as we all like to live in hope that we would be lucky enough to get the work.

I know very well we dont apply these demands upon aussies when they apply to live here. Why are we the one always getting screwed over?!?!?!
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

gagno7, I recomend you go back and read the whole of this thread.
The graduate visa is to get extra points, if you do not have enough, once you have applied for your skills assessment. Some people don't because of age, language skills etc.

You can get work while doing your course, plenty of people do it, and will be assessed on that. And my visa at least has an extra 3/4 months on after the course finishes. Plenty of time!

Sure you have to be determined and motivated to take this route into the country, but if you really want it you will be.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
The graduate visa is to get extra points, if you do not have enough, once you have applied for your skills assessment. Some people don't because of age, language skills etc.

You can get work while doing your course, plenty of people do it, and will be assessed on that. And my visa at least has an extra 3/4 months on after the course finishes. Plenty of time!

Sure you have to be determined and motivated to take this route into the country, but if you really want it you will be.
Well said pumpkin blossom.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pumpkin Blossom

The only problem with that extra time on your student visa after your course ends is this ...

"If the visa holder is not the holder of a subclass 576 (AusAID or Defence sector) visa, they must:

- remain enrolled in a registered course (unless they are a secondary exchange student who holds a subclass 571 (Schools sector) visa, in which case they must be enrolled in a full-time course of study or training);

- achieve satisfactory course progress as determined by their education provider;

- achieve satisfactory attendance as determined by their education provider."

So we reckon at our school that as soon as your course finishes your visa expires.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

sharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nice

Originally Posted by shears
Hi Pumpkin Blossom

The only problem with that extra time on your student visa after your course ends is this ...

"If the visa holder is not the holder of a subclass 576 (AusAID or Defence sector) visa, they must:

- remain enrolled in a registered course (unless they are a secondary exchange student who holds a subclass 571 (Schools sector) visa, in which case they must be enrolled in a full-time course of study or training);

- achieve satisfactory course progress as determined by their education provider;

- achieve satisfactory attendance as determined by their education provider."

So we reckon at our school that as soon as your course finishes your visa expires.
No your visa has the extra time at the end of it to either stay in australia for a few months on holiday before you come back home or apply for PR,

Sharon
Old Aug 6th 2008, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

You might be have enough time to get your 900 hours, but there are plenty of students on my course who haven't and are being told by their agents either to pay for another course so they can extend their visa or go home. Most people can't (or don't want to ) pay out thousand more dollars as it all may change again.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, hubbie had the 'chat' from college yesterday bout the 900 hours for TRA changing to having to be paid hours. Not sure if this is 'officially' correct as it was the lecturer that told them all, there were no reps in. They were told that all unpaid work experience done up to 1/9/08 would still be accepted. It doesn't affect us in any way, so far, though for those nearing the end of their course and don't have paid hours, hopefully this is correct.

Mandy
Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

ali bashir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wats123
Would you get a bridging visa after the 2 year student visa?
i m doing a cookery course n need 900 hrs of assessment from some restuaranti have been working in a lebanese fast food n grilled food for the last two yrs can i use group certificate frm the same place .hat place is registered as a restaurant...but i m confused if i can use certificate frm thr or not as it doesnt have a propr chef like propr restaurants n all....
Old Aug 16th 2008, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

Alborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to all

So this begs the question:

Which TRA Assessed course do people think is best to go for to get a positive skills assessment based on your 900hrs "unqualified" work?
Old Aug 17th 2008, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

sharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nice

Hey everyone, got this reply from an agent on this forum, Welsh Tony,:

When you complete your course, the remaining time on your student visa yo ucan work full-time. When you apply for teh 886, a bridging visa is issued straight away. When the student visa expires, the Bridging visa kicks in and this also allows you to work full-time. Bridging visa is valid through 886 application and MRT if necessary.

So basically, once you complete your course and you still have 3 months at the end of it on the student visa, you can work full time and in the meantime apply for the PR visa, but you must have first applied to the TRA for an assessment even though you may not have the 900 hours paid work experience. Then you keep gaining the hours whilst waiting on a reply knowing that the visa will be refused, once refused you apply to the MRT and keep getting those hours, once you have the 900 hours, the TRA will approve the PR visa, they give you enough time to get them,

Good luck everyone, we are lucky enough to be able to apply for the PR 886 visa as my sister is a citizen in adelaide and when I complete the course and have the 900 hours paid then we can apply for PR straight away unlike some who will have to go onto the graduate visa if they dont have enough points,

Sharon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.