TRA MAP Postponement

Old Aug 26th 2008, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

sinead80 has a spectacular aura aboutsinead80 has a spectacular aura aboutsinead80 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: TRA MAP Postponement

hi all, you will need to excuse me for being a bit dottery with all this TRA malarky.i have everything ready to go for our TRA, documents all scanned ready for being verified on friday by our solicitor.what is the difference between the TRA as it stands now and the one on the 1st september.My OH is a mechanical fitter and we are a bit worried we may find ourselves in limbo.he is time served (4 years, 3 full time years at college and 1 year day release from his job)He has been at the same company for 16 years.i am trying to get my head around all this and now unsure whether to try anyway or am i wasting my time.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 10:10 am
Diz
one step closer!

Diz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really nice
Unhappy Re: TRA MAP Postponement

We thought our application was straight forward enough not to consult an agent (we filled all the necessary criteria and had all evidence required). We are awaiting feedback from TRA before we decide whether to consult an agent for the appeal (TRA still not come back to us despite emailing them again yesterday - do you think they have locked up shop and gone away!!) Diz x
Originally Posted by Pollyana
Have you got an agent looking into your case?
Old Aug 26th 2008, 1:45 pm
"At Home"

ekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really nice

Sorry george , I wrote to the IMMi and the minister for imigration and got a -"Unfortunately I cannot assist you with skills recognition for employment
/ registration purposes as it does not fall within the purview of the
Department of Immigration and Citizenship." reply. When ministers don't listen I guess the next step is the ombudsman, I believe it is his job to oversee Government departments. I suggest anyone/everyone make a formal complaint about the body TRA. The opposition minister has recommended this- "From the sounds of things, I think the best action to take would be to contact an Ombudsman. http://www.comb.gov.au/

If you feel as though you have been treated unfairly or have a complaint about a Government Department – these are the people to talk to."
Eamon.

Originally Posted by George Lombard
This is just in from the Migration Institute of Australia:

Despite earlier advice from TRA that their new Migration Assessment Policy (MAP) would commence on 1 September 2008, and although that is still the message on the TRA website, TRA have advised us that they will not able to give their information session at the MIA Western Australia Conference, as the introduction of MAP has been delayed indefinitely and that further information about the introduction of MAP will given at a later date.

Obviously this is a serious problem for many people who have been pursuing solutions in accordance with the draft MAP since it was released in June, and just as obviously, we'll keep you posted. Of course, a major concern will be whether it's worthwhile pursuing a solution under Pathway E of the current UAC, given the expense of such solutions.

TRA has created a serious political problem for itself with this one, coming almost exactly a year after the sudden and at the time unexplained abolition of Pathway D. People directly affected should be writing to the Minister for Immigration.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

chrissy990 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: TRA MAP Postponement

I emailed TRA yesterday asking them to confirm if MAP had been postponed and if so why.

They replied straightaway but just said yes, it has been postponed and a new release date would be shown on their website but no reason as to why it has been postponed or any indication when it will commence.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 8:28 am
cavey wavey

ivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really nice

So depressed now, never going to get to Oz - may as well pull the plug on our agent now....
Old Aug 27th 2008, 8:33 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

No, don't give up.

I have been advised by a senior person at TRA today as follows:

"Our Department has recently undergone a structural realignment and this has impacted on the introduction of the MAP. I don't have any further information at the moment but hope to be able to provide more soon. I will let you know when I have more information."

I agree TRA is often a real challenge, but to coin a phrase, don't let the b*****s grind you down. Dig in, and keep faith!

Best regards.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

WelshandProud will become famous soon enoughWelshandProud will become famous soon enough

Very wise words Alan, i have been thinking that they havent said no just postponed so there is light at the end of the tunnel, i was totally gutted when i heard but become a bit more positive now.

I WILL GET TO OZ lol
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:15 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WelshandProud
Very wise words Alan, i have been thinking that they havent said no just postponed so there is light at the end of the tunnel, i was totally gutted when i heard but become a bit more positive now.

I WILL GET TO OZ lol
Further to the postponement, I have been able to confirm that there is currently no date for its introduction, however some aspects of the MAP relating to onshore students have proven highly contentious and it seems that this may be the reason for the delay. See my post at http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...8&postcount=36

Cheers,

George Lombard

Last edited by George Lombard; Aug 28th 2008 at 12:35 pm.